Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Creatively challenged in the kitchen
I am having a very difficult time making a menu list for next week. Every week I sit down and figure out what I'm going to make for dinner's for the next week. I then make up my grocery list. I cannot think of anything good to make for dinner! I need help!!!!! Please share any good recipes you might have. I am in desperate need of new ones! (Note: We do not like seafood, eggplant, or any strange meat) lol
Labels:
Life as it is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should also mention:
No casseroles or any dish that might be remotely similar to a casserole!
Chris doesn't like casseroles or any variant thereof.
Hi Tash, we had this for dinner this week out of one of my new magazines and everyone liked it, well except for Grant, he said it was too spicy.
I'm not sure if Chris will go for the sauce, but if not he can just eat the chicken.
Zippy Paprika Chicken
2 Tbs. paprika
2 Tbs. southwest marinade mix
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs oil (I used butter)
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs soy sauce
5 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, marinade mix, salt and pepper. Add chicken. Seal bag. Shake to coat. Refrigerate 10 min. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over med heat for 5-6 min on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add water, soy sauce and lemon juice to skillet. cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Remove from the heat, stir in the sour cream until blended. Serve over chicken. (The sauce is really flavorful and spicy, if you don't tell Chris, he probably won't know it has sour cream in it.)
The lady in the magazine served it with smashed potatoes.
Smashed Potatoes
7-8 med red potatoes, quartered
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbs butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10-15 min. or until tender. Drain. In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes (leave a little lumpy) with sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. (I used more butter and salt then she said too, YUM!)
OK, I have never "blogged" before and I think I just took up all your space for comments! LOL You can tell me to be quiet and I won't comment anymore! Love you guys, Kelly
No! Please comment! I LOVE getting comments! :) Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm going to make it. It sounds really good. I wonder if I put a little less marinade and paprika in it if it would tone down the spicyness.
Post a Comment