

Let me just say, we will never again go to Hansen Hills Skiing. It was hillbilly skiing. The building reminded me of being up north camping. The bathroom was the spitting image of the women's bathroom at the Muskegon State Park campground. This was a teen hang out, clearly. We should have known when the cost of skiing was going to be half of what we paid at the resort the day before, that the quality of the skiing and the place would also be half of what it was the day before! But, we couldn't rent a snowmobile and we didn't want to sit around in the room all day, and they didn't have tons of tourist shops, so we decided to go skiing again, despite being sore! Well, the picture to the left is their ski lift to get to the top of the mountain. They called it the T-Bar lift. If you zoom in on the picture, you can see that all it is is a piece of wood attached to a pole. You either stand infront of it and let it push you up the mountain, or you can put it between your legs and let it give you a very impressive wedgy (which my husband, Chris, nicely demonstrates in the picture). Well, the first time on it, I fell. Of course! After you come off one of the hills that kind of takes you through the trees, you have to hang on to a tow rope that pulls you over to the T-Bar lift. Well, I fell on that one too. Yep. Me and lifts and ropes don't get along too well. Our last time up the t-bar lift, my skiis kept drifting over to Chris's side. He was on the left side and I was on the right. We were being gently pushed up the mountain and my skiis went off the man-made ski ruts in the snow and we felt the pole going off the left onto the mountain. We were both holding on for dear life until we couldn't hold on anymore. I accidentally knocked Chris over on the middle of the ski hill and I, amazingly, did not fall over this time. I was, however, doubled over in laughter. Chris's arms and legs were flailing all over in the air trying to stand up! We eventually managed to get him up on his skis and made it down the mountain. :) My poor husband.
1 comment:
I've been on one of those t-bars.
laughing at Chris flailing all over the place while you laughed.
what awesome memories you made.
Post a Comment