Friday, April 4, 2008

one too many cookies


Well, my night, or should I say, early morning, consisted of being climbed all over by Mason. Mason decided he wanted to wake up at 5:00 this morning. WIDE AWAKE! I brought him into bed with me, but he did not fall asleep. He stayed awake and watched his daddy get ready for work. He was laid down on the bed and covered up a few times by daddy, but he would just laugh and sit back up. After Chris left for work, I took Mason and put him in his bed. Well, he didn't like that. I didn't want him to wake up Cole so I climbed in bed with him. He laid there, his face an inch from mine, and stared at me. Then his neck started itching him! So, I had to lay there and scratch his neck for who knows how long! Then he decided he wanted to lay his face directly on mine! THAT was comfy! We rolled from side to side, switching from being on the left or right side of his TWIN size bed. Then, as I was barely able to keep my eyes awake, he decides he wants to READ A BOOK. He climbs down from his bed, walks over to his bookshelf and grabs the BIGGEST book he owns. He then proceeds to bring it back to bed, which, in turn hits me repeatedly in the head. As I lay in bed with him, it dawns on me, I know why he is wide awake this early! He was fed one too many chocolate cookies last night at the hospital! All those wonderful great aunts, grandmas and friends of mine fed my 21 month old chocolate cookies at 8:30 last night! Now I am not only frustrated at my child, but frustrated at the people who fed him chocolate continuously! We decided to move back to my bed since it's bigger. FINALLY - at 7:30 in the morning, Mason falls back to sleep and so do I, thankfully! Not soundly though because Mason still pushed me to the edge of the bed and laid his face on mine!

No comments: