Well, tonight we came to grips, maybe, with the next big milestone in our road. We took Cole to Kindergarten Round-up. He loved it! He got to meet his future teachers, see his classroom, meet the principal, play on the playground, they gave him a book to keep....he was in heaven! Afterwards, when we were at the ice cream parlor with the boys, it really dawned on Chris and I that WE HAVE A KINDERGARTNER!!!! We felt very old and sad at the same time! I don't know if I am ready to let go. Thankfully, he will only be away from me for half a day. One school year should get me used to it and hopefully ready to send him full day the following year. :) I pray for strength! :) hehe I pray for the strength to let go and not worry so much. But I am a mother - it's what we do best. I pray that I will be patient with the teachers, even if they aren't giving my precious child their undivided attention, and I pray for patience with the children who will not be nice to mine....oh my! I have too much to work on! I will go to bed and try not to think of other things to worry about. Good Nite!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
the next step
Well, tonight we came to grips, maybe, with the next big milestone in our road. We took Cole to Kindergarten Round-up. He loved it! He got to meet his future teachers, see his classroom, meet the principal, play on the playground, they gave him a book to keep....he was in heaven! Afterwards, when we were at the ice cream parlor with the boys, it really dawned on Chris and I that WE HAVE A KINDERGARTNER!!!! We felt very old and sad at the same time! I don't know if I am ready to let go. Thankfully, he will only be away from me for half a day. One school year should get me used to it and hopefully ready to send him full day the following year. :) I pray for strength! :) hehe I pray for the strength to let go and not worry so much. But I am a mother - it's what we do best. I pray that I will be patient with the teachers, even if they aren't giving my precious child their undivided attention, and I pray for patience with the children who will not be nice to mine....oh my! I have too much to work on! I will go to bed and try not to think of other things to worry about. Good Nite!
Labels:
Life as it is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i refuse to think that coley is that old. nope he's not going to kindergarten.
Post a Comment