Monday, October 13, 2008

a sick boy?

Yesterday, Cole complained of not feeling good. We were at his great-grandparents' house. So, I laid him on their bed and told him to rest because his cousins were coming over later that night and he would want to get up and play. The only thing he complained was that his head felt hot. He didn't have a fever (I checked). He did have a cough and a runny nose, but other than that he seemed fine. When the cousins arrived later that night, he was up and running around and playing with them. So, I figured, "He's fine now."

This morning, I had a hard time getting him up for school. I asked him, "How do you feel this morning?" He said, "My head still feels hot." I felt him and sure enough it was hot, but no fever still. I asked him, "What feels bad? Besides your head being hot, where else are you sick?" He didn't answer, which was a sign that he was probably trying to think of something to say. I said, "Do you need to stay home from school today?" He quickly puts the I'm-sick-and-don't-feel-good-please-baby-me look on his face and says "Yes". I thought, "I know how to find out if he's really sick or not" so I say, "Cole, if you stay home from school because you're too sick to go, that means you lay in bed all day. Sick boys lay in bed and don't play with their toys." He just looks at me. "So, do you need to stay home from school?" He says, "No, I can go to school." LOL

1 comment:

Tisha said...

ha! caught in the act. valiant effort on cole's part though.