Friday, November 7, 2008

"I'm going to thank God"....

Chris and the boys spent 4 hours blowing and raking the leaves in our front yard yesterday. It all started at 3:30 when Chris came home from work. They took a half hour break to eat dinner, then they went back out to finish the job. Meanwhile, I went grocery shopping. When I came home at 7:00 p.m., I pulled into my driveway to see small lights moving around the front yard, both garage doors were open with the lights on in the garage, the front door was open with all the lights on in the house, and all the porch lights were on. Guess what was going on in my yard while it was pitch dark outside? They were still raking up leaves!!! I couldn't help but laugh. Chris was wearing his headlight, Cole was wearing his, and Mason was holding his monkey flashlight. It was so cute! So, after I put away the groceries, I came out to help them finish. We would fill up our lawn bags with leaves, then we would haul them to the backyard in the kids' wagon and empty the bags behind our shed. The boys would get a wagon ride back up to the front of the yard. Later that night, Chris told me something that Cole said earlier while I was gone. After about 3 hours of working with the leaves, Cole looked at his dad and said, "I'm going to remember to thank God for giving us all these leaves." LOL Chris said he rolled his eyes, smiled, and said, "Ok. You do that." I don't think Chris was as thankful for the leaves as Cole.

No comments: