Mason’s 3rd birthday! I almost forgot it was his birthday. I had lost track of the days and while I was getting ready, I remembered. So, while he was eating his breakfast, I sang Happy Birthday to him. After waiting for everyone to get ready, and leaving an hour after we were supposed to, we were off! Colonial Williamsburg here we come! Well, I have to say that it was not exactly what I thought it was going to be. I’m not sure what I thought it was going to be like, but it was different. Our morning started out with rain. Luckily, we had planned ahead and brought rain jackets, but not everyone else did. Cole did not have one though because we couldn’t find a jacket in his size. Only ponchos. So, Chris decided to head to Target down the road to buy Cole a poncho. Everyone else gave Chris and Joe money to buy them ponchos as well. We were really going to look like a bunch of tourists now! Thankfully, it only sprinkled for part of the morning and by lunch, everyone had taken off their ponchos and the sun was shining! We ate lunch in a Tavern. That was a neat experience. They had pretty good food. Way over priced, obviously, but they were good. For Dinner we went to Red Lobster. Kelly and three of the kids came and met us there (Brian and Ethan were still sick). She had a little birthday present for Mason. It was Thomas the Train stickers and fruit snacks – his favorite! After dinner, we stopped at Target so Cole could buy Mason a little present and then we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery to buy some ice cream. Chris waited in line for at least 30 minutes! The place was packed! We went back to the condo to celebrate Mason’s birthday. Just the four of us. A little family tradition we do every year with the boys. The day of their birthday, they get a little present and a special dinner or dessert. So Mason got to end his birthday with ice cream (vanilla with oreo cookie) and a Toy Story flashlight from Cole.

getting ready to leave the condo for the day.



our lovely ponchos and rain jacket that we thankfully didn't need all day.






danny showing us a very impressive jump as he crossed the street.










eating lunch at Chownings Tavern.








the birthday boy showing off his present from Cole.
1 comment:
ok if day 2 was brown day then why did you also have on brown on day 1? love those shorts on you, they look super cute.
Post a Comment