Sunday, October 25, 2009

Spicer's Orchard

Yesterday we went here....

Photobucket

I left the house with the boys in tow. Chris was sick and decided he didn't feel up to going with us. So, the boys and I set out for the orchard. We picked up Grandma on the way. As we got a couple miles down the road, it started raining. Not a good sign when you're going to an orchard that has everything outside! I was so bummed. Everything I had planned for the day was ruined. The kids were going to go down the big slide, we were going to go through the corn maze, the kids were going to play in the bounce houses, we were going to pick pumpkins, eat cider and donuts, and all of this was going to take place outside where I could use the camera and take awesome pictures! Well, when we got there, the rain had quit, but it was freezing! We walked down by the farm area to see the animals.

Photobucket

We couldn't see too many of the animals because they charged you to walk in the back to where they were. This was as close as we could get to the animals without having to pay. The goat hid behind Mason just as I snapped the picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cider and donut time! We ventured inside to get our goodies and then we headed back outside to eat in the freezing cold.

Photobucket

There were so many yummy, delicious looking things inside. Tons and tons of apples, jams, salsas, breads, donuts, syrups, snacks - and the list could go on and on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We tried to quickly eat our treats because of how cold it was and because it was windy and we were afraid the wind was going to knock over our cups and blow our napkins away. The scenery was beautiful though. It was nice getting to see all the trees changing their colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket


After we ate, it was time to pick out the pumpkins. I think the boys picked the biggest heaviest ones they could find. They picked $13 worth of pumpkins! I'm sorry, but I wasn't expecting pumpkins to cost that much. Well, hopefully we can carve them to look nice and pretty (or scary) and I will definitely have pictures of that. So come on back for more pictures....

No comments: