
(Yes. I'm wearing glasses and I don't need them. I dressed as a smart person for Halloween. haha. The glasses make me look smart. I was in a Halloween mood and wanted to do something not too terribly noticeable for a costume, so....voowalah! Glasses!)

(I happened to notice that the bar tender by our table was juggling some bottles. I pointed it out to the kids. He was really good. I was waiting for one of them to break and liquid to be flying everywhere!)

(Just in case anyone is wondering - which they shouldn't if they know us and trust us, but I just want to clarify - the liquid in those glasses is sparkling grape juice)
It was a gorgeous wedding! It was held in the chapel at The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth. The chapel was very pretty. The weird thing about the chapel was that on each side of the center isle, the pews were all facing the isle and not the front. So, you faced the people sitting on the other side of the isle and had to crank your neck to the side to watch the wedding. It was interesting. It was a typical Catholic wedding, from what Chris and Nathan told me. A lot of sit down, stand up, chanting, people bowing down to the huge painting of Jesus at the front, everyone singing together, prayers followed by the traditional hand over your chest in the shape of a cross signal....blah, blah, blah! There was a certain part in the wedding where the priest said something about greeting one another. Chris and I didn't really understand what he was saying because we were sitting near the back and even though the priest was wearing a microphone, it echoed really bad in that chapel. So, he says something about greeting one another and all of a sudden people start turning to eachother and hugging eachother and shaking hands. I just stood there and watched like, "What is going on?!" Then, a guy walks over to Chris, offers his hand and introduces himself. It was sooooo weird!! Other than all the weird Catholic stuff, the ceremony was very nice. The reception was held in a room down the hall. It was so nice. As soon as you walked into the reception room, there were waiters and servers standing there with trays full of yummy food! Coconut chicken, spring egg rolls, some bread thing with tomato, basil, and mozzarella cheese on top (not sure what the name was but it was soooooo scrumptious!). After we found our name tags and what table we were assigned to, we sat down. Immediately, waiters began buzzing around the tables with their trays full of goodies. At first, your instinct is to politely decline because you don't want to seem like a pig and like you're taking too bad advantage of the free food and drinks, but then you get starving and the food looks so good that you give in. I mean, they came by 4 or 5 times with the food! They obviously wanted us to eat it right? :) The waiter came by and asked Chris if our table would like some of his spring egg rolls. Chris said, "No, thank you." I immediately spoke up and said, "Hey, speak for yourself!" The waiter laughed and came over and I helped myself out to the spring egg rolls, the coconut chicken, and the delicious bread and tomato basil thingies. The sad part is that after all that hard work of getting the waiters to bring the food to me, Mason ate all of it! I think I got one bite of each thing. I would pick up something to eat, and Mason would go, "Hey! That's mine!" lol I guess he was helping me watch what I ate. :) He knew I was counting points.

Jonah kept our table interesting. He broke a champagne glass because he kept banging it on the table. (Sorry Tisha, but seriously - how did you not know that your kid was hitting the table with a glass? LOL) Then I think he almost made a waiter trip while he was carrying a tray with drinks on it. He was very hyper. There was a little boy (a little green dinosaur) that kept hanging around our table too. He liked the boys, but he kept getting right up in their faces and coughing all over them and grabbing our silverware. Chris was getting so stressed out by this dinosaur! lol The waiter knew the kids were antsy and hungry so he brought out a bowl of the best fried chips I've ever had, and some Lorna Doone cookies and milk to hold them overl. The meal came in courses. First there was the butternut squash soup with cream spice sauce. IT WAS SO HEAVENLY! I have never had soup this good before! I ate mine and part of Chris's because we all know him and he didn't eat his. The kids were given a fruit cup instead of soup. Then they brought a salad with some kind of vinegairette dressing. Not sure what it was but it was brown. Not the best I've had, but not awful either. After that the main dish. Chicken, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. The kids were served chicken fingers and french fries.

Pablo from The Backyardigans.

I spent almost 5 hours shopping for the "perfect costume" for this kid and we had to practically wrestle him to get his costume on him. He all of a sudden didn't want to wear it. GRHH!

Cole, on the other hand, took about 5 minutes to find his costume. :) Ironman.



Some more cheese!


The dj made an announcement for all the kids to line up and they were going to go somewhere for a surprise.

He took them into a room, had them all pick out a silly hat from this big box...




(Mason's sailor hat kept falling off so he went back to his Pablo one)

and then he taught the kids how to do the Y.M.C.A. dance. They practiced the song one time so they could go back into the reception and perform it for everyone.

Jonah was shy and he stood up against the wall next to Nathan and watched. :)


Cole was pretty good at it and caught on fast. Mason on the other hand didn't know what he was doing but he had a good time!

Mason got a little brave and started going a little crazy.











(Waiting outside the doors while they are introduced to everyone)






Natasha and Matthew came and sat down on the floor with the kids after their song so they could get their picture taken with all the kids.





Then the bride and groom had teddy bears that they threw to the little kids.

Time for trick or treating! Chris was the designated candy-passer-outer at our table. There he is with his favorite little dinosaur! lol


(our centerpiece)




I was very shocked when we got to the wedding so see my old childhood best friend (Jana) there! She and I and Natasha (the bride) were very good friends growing up because we were all the same age. I hadn't seen Jana in years! Probably 7 years since she had never seen me after I had kids. It was nice to chat and catch up.

It didn't take long for the kids to dig into their candy. That was, after all, what they had been anticipating all night. Mason kept asking me when we were going to go home and I kept reminding him that he had to wait for his candy first. I told him that if we went home then he wouldn't get any candy. So, he tried to be as patient as he could. I don't blame him for being so impatient though. Our meal came in courses and it took forever for them to start serving us and it seemed like we had to wait awhile in between courses too.



(Cole had a weird thing going on where he didn't look at the camera if he knew we were trying to take a nice picture. He would look everywhere but the camera. Aren't kids fun?)




( I'm modeling all my halloween stickers that Mason put on my hands. You can't see them very well on the one hand, but trust me, they're there.)
Tisha made her way to the chocolate fondue table and brought back a heaping plate full of chocolate covered goodies. Jonah dug in and had a blast!


(It's hard to tell in this picture, but his cheeks were so jammed packed with food that it was hard for him to chew it up! He is DEFINITELY Tisha's son! lol)
I'm glad we went to the wedding. It was nice to see old friends and the kids still got to trick or treat and have their candy.
1 comment:
looked like a lot of fun, i loved Mason's costume
Post a Comment