Tuesday, April 6, 2010

no more training wheels!

Last week Cole climbed on his dirt bike to see if he could touch the ground yet. That's been the big thing this year - whether or not he would get his training wheels off. He climbed on and....he could touch!!! Not flat footed yet, but close enough. He was so proud of himself. It was so cute. He had the biggest smile on his face. He said, "Dad! Can we go to grandpa's and take my training wheels off this week?!" Chris was just as excited as he was, I think. Cole said he wanted his training wheels off so he could learn how to jump it. Imagine my pleasure at that statement. :) But in the back of my mind I wasn't too sure how excited Cole was going to really be when his training wheels finally came off. I was afraid that at the first fall, which he was bound to have, he would get upset and frustrated and give up and never want to ride without training wheels ever again!

Thursday came and Danny was coming into town for the holiday weekend. So, we went over there Thursday evening. Cole got all dressed up in his dirt bike gear and headed out to ride around a few laps before the training wheels came off. Chris attached our bluetooth headset to Cole's helmet so he could talk to him while he was riding.

Photobucket

And off they go....

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Someone kept watching me to make sure I was watching him do wheelies. hehe I didn't get him in action, but he entertained me plenty.)

Photobucket
Mr. Mason stood by and watched his daddy and Cole ride around on their toys.

Photobucket
He begged daddy for a ride, and who could resist his sweet face? :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now for the big moment...taking the training wheels off!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tah-Dah!!! Now it's a real dirt bike with a kick stand and everything!
Photobucket

Cole was a little nervous when he first hopped on. He didn't like how wobbly if felt. Chris promised to run along side him and hold on to the bike. He still was a little scared. It took much coaxing, but he finally agreed to give it a shot.
Photobucket

Photobucket

He did okay for his first time. He wasn't confident and so he wobbled all over the place. And he kept sticking his foot down to stabilize the bike. Chris got a good workout though!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was trying to be super mom and handle the camera and video camera at the same time. I had both straps around my neck, the video camera dangling under my arm, and I had to keep alternating between the two. Mason wanted to help, and I finally gave in and let him have a crack at the video part. I'm sure everyone will need a good dose of Dramamine after they watch the portion he filmed. lol
Photobucket

He loved holding the camera. He didn't keep it on Cole the entire time...which was to be expected with a three year old. He video taped me with my camera, the dog, the grass, the sky...pretty much anything in site. He'd just whip that camera around to whatever he wanted. LOL
Photobucket

Cole finally decided he had had enough of the dirt bike. So, he quit and Chris hopped on. Not sure if he was trying to show him "how it's done", or if he was just being silly, or if he was really missing his old dirt bike, but I quickly whipped out the camera. I couldn't help but laugh all the while thinking about the big bears at the circus that ride the bikes around. It was pretty hilarious.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The weekend was a blast! We were there again on Friday night. The guys went golfing, and Cole went too to ride in the golf cart while the ladies and Mason went to play putt putt golf at Pirate's Park. I didn't take my camera, but we had a fun time. Mason was so cute. We would lose count of how many times it would take him to get his ball in the hole because he would never let the ball roll and stop before he take another swing. He would follow the ball around and try to "guide" it into the hole. It was so funny. He pretty much got a 7 on every hole. On Saturday, the guys went to play golf again. This time Cole got to play with them. :) He was so excited. I'm so glad he got to do something with them. I got to clean the house and make my food for the potluck. Then we went shopping for clothes when they got home. Chris told me since he and Cole and Mason got to do fun stuff all weekend, it was my turn to choose what we did that day. Isn't he sweet? So, what girl isn't going to pick shopping, right?! Well, that and the fact that I desperately needed some spring/summer clothes because I had nothing that fit anymore! Around 8:00 that evening, we arrived back at Joe and Paulette's for dinner.

Sunday was the potluck and singing at our house after services. Those are my favorite Sundays. Everyone gets to get together, spend time getting to know one another and we get to lift up our voices in praise to God and eat lots of really really good, fattening food too! Joe Baker entertained us all by finding pictures inside the plaques that my friend made for me in my living room. He was obsessed with these paintings! He sat there forever staring at them and then every few minutes he would exclaim that he found something new! He found the statue of liberty with the water around her and a boat in front. He found the profile of a woman - I can't remember the third thing, but it was so funny! We had a blast. Everyone stayed late and played Dominoes. It was guys against girls, and let me just say that us women definitely got smoked! We had to quit because it was so late when there was only 2 hands left to play, but there was no hope at that point. The ladies team had over 2,000 points and the men had under 100. Oh well. It was fun either way.

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend! I didn't want it to end, but then...I kind of did because the next day was my birthday!!! :)

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Mason looks like a mini man-professional with that camera! And Chris on the dirt bike LOL Isn't there a weight limit on that thing : )

Tisha said...

i wonder if jonah would like it or not, sometimes he gets freaked about the loud noises.

mason is just too cute with teh camera. you shoulda posted some of it. :)

Rochelle said...

Way to go Cole!!!!! You'll have to teach Jackson in a few years -- Shawn is jealous!!!