Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I remember..... (long post)

....four years ago, today, Mason Allen was born!

I remember it all like it was yesterday. I remember the night before we went into the hospital. I remember thinking last night as I went to bed about how I felt four years ago on THAT night and how I hardly got any sleep. I remember anxiously waiting in the hospital for them to wheel me into the operating room.

Photobucket

Here he is!!!! 6 lbs. 9 oz. 21 inches long.

Photobucket

I actually remember everything! At least I have memories of one of my boys being born! :) It was heaven! I remember the way he smelled the first time I got to hold him....

Photobucket

I remember how wonderful it felt to look into his eyes and only see one baby because I wasn't cracked up on morphine!

I remember that moment when proud little Cole got to come in and hold his baby brother for the first time. I remember his shy little smile as he walked into the room and saw me holding Mason. He sat down and gently held his brother. I remember the expression on his face. A look of wonder, and love. He was proud. He was a big brother.

Photobucket


I remember waiting to take him home. HOME. We got to keep him. We kept talking in the hospital about how our lives were going to change. We were the parents of TWO boys. We were responsible for two mini Chris's and Tasha's. :)

Photobucket

Where has the time gone! The four years have flown by, but I remember it all very well. I have it all in pictures, thankfully, to go back and look at to remind me of little things here and there that might get fuzzy as time goes on. But I mostly have all these things in my heart. I remember.

Mason @ 1 yr.....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mason @ 2 yrs......
Photobucket

Photobucket

Only 2 years old, but already a master at a Gameboy. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mason @ 3 yrs old....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Mason this year @ 4 yrs old...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh how you've grown, Mason. You keep us entertained every day. I love watching you grow and learn. You have such personality. Don't change and stop being my happy little boy. I love you!

No comments: