Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2nd Grader!

I can't believe I'm saying (typing) those words. I can't believe Cole has made it to the second grade. It is so true what people tell you - "As soon as they start school, the years fly by!" I am beginning to see that and he's only been through two years of school! He is growing up so fast! This is also my last year with Mason at home with me. My last year with any one at home with me during the day. Although I'm looking forward to the quiet time and being able to do things without constant interruption, my heart is sad. I won't be able to know what they're doing every day. I won't be able to control what they're doing and how they're doing it - no, I'm not a control freak. But when it comes to my kids, I'm very territorial - we'll put it that way. :)

So this is a big year for us. Well, not for Cole really. But it's Mason's last year with mommy, and this is the time that we're going to focus on getting Mason ready for Kindergarten. That is going to be interesting, to say the least. Teaching him how to write the rest of his letters, and how to make numbers, how to recognize all the letters, teaching him how to tie his shoes - THAT is going to be a doozy of a job! This kid is a perfectionist and trying to teach him how to tie a shoe lace is going to be a BIG test in patience for all of us! lol

Anyways, here are Cole's going back to school pictures. I'll stop babbling. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket