
...waiting in line for the snow slide.


A few times Mason said he didn't want to go down the slide anymore. We were like, "Too bad. We paid for you because you said you wanted to go. You're going." Tisha felt bad and she said, "What do you want me to do with him if we get all the way up to the top and he freaks out and doesn't want to go?" Chris replied, "Just stick him in the inner tube and push." lol She looked at Mason and said, "Why don't we wait til you get up there and see what it looks like before you decide?" Then Nathan said, "You can decide as we push you down." LOL
I promise. We're not mean parents. :)
I grew up being afraid of doing a lot of things. I don't want my kids to be the same. I always loved whatever it was after I got over my fear and just did it. So that's why I really encourage my kids to do things and to try out new things. They're boys and I don't want them to be afraid and timid of everything. Don't get me wrong. I don't want little Evel Knievel's, but I want them to at least try things.

While were standing at the bottom of the snow slide waiting for everyone to come down, I happened to notice this food vendor and the huge signs advertising the Ice Cold Drinks and Sno Cones that were available. I thought of this too late, but I if I had thought of it while I was there, I totally would have gone and stood in line and asked for a sno cone. lol


Funny story - Since Tisha and Nathan were taking Jonah and our boys on the slide, Rachel offered to take Lucas with them to the indoor puppet show. So, off Matt and Rachel went with Hannah and Lucas. While we were standing at the end of the slide, I heard my phone go off. It was Rachel. Me: "Hello?" Rachel: "Hey. We're done and we're standing at the end of the snow slide waiting. Where are you?" Me: "I'm standing at the end of the snow slide too!" Rachel: "You are? We've been standing here for 10 minutes! Are you sure you're at the snow slide?" Me: "Yep." I then lean forward and start looking around. About 5 seconds later I see Rachel lean forward and into my line of sight. There was a lady standing between us and she was perfectly lined to where we couldn't see eachother. LOL We were still on the phone with eachother, looking at eachother as we stood about 8 feet from eachother and were laughing hysterically. They pull the stroller over to us and stand there watching with us. I ask, "How was Lucas?" Matt says, "Is his face always like this or did he have a stroke?" I go to the front of the stroller and look at Lucas and he has his chin tucked down into his chest, his mouth is frowning, and his eyes are looking up a little so he can see. He had the most dead serious look on his face. I started laughing so hard! I was like, "I guess that's his normal face. I don't think he's had a stroke!" bwhaha For some reason he was super serious. They said he wouldn't crack a smile at all for them. Matt even took him out of the stroller to play with Hannah and he said he had the same look on his face the entire time! lol

....there's the Ambassador Snow Bridge. There goes Jonah.....

...there goes Tisha.....
There goes Mason....
Then Cole....
They had one person standing at the bottom of each slide waiting to help you up and get your tube from you. Everyone stopped pretty soon once they reached the bottom and so the guy at the bottom usually had to walk up to them because they had already stopped. Well, not Nathan! He kept coming! The guy started backing up then he stopped and turned around. He saw Nathan was still coming so he picked up his speed a little bit. lol We were all laughing and yelling, "Nail him!"
Uncle Nathan bought the kids some marshmallows to roast over the fire....
I got an elephant ear (YUMMO!) and a hot cider.
....Tisha got the boys cupcakes. I think they liked them.
....peekaboo! I see you, Chris!







Snow shoeing was fun. A lot different than I thought it would feel. The snow was pretty packed down already from everyone, so we didn't get to experience the real feel of snow shoeing, but it was still neat.
Cole was able to make about 3 laps around because Chris and I kept stopping with Mason. Mason decided he didn't want to snow shoe and so he was having mini melt downs and temper fits along the way. :) Yeah. THAT wasn't embarrassing.
That was inside the Compuware World Headquarters building. I thought it was pretty neat. Streams of water just coming down from the ceiling.
Mason saw this bear and asked what it was for. I told him I didn't know but I asked him if he wanted his picture taken with him. I figured he'd say no because he doesn't like people dressed up in costumes, but surprisingly he said "yes" and Cole said "no"!
As we were walking back to the parking garage, we passed this Monster Energy truck. They were passing out diet Monster Energy drinks. So Chris and Nathan went to get one. I don't know why, but the lady was taking people's pictures with their drinks. Tish and I decided that we wanted one too. So we walk up there and the girl stops, looks and Tish and says (as she's holding back the energy drink), "How old are you?" She was dead serious! She thought Tisha was under 18!!!! I was sooooo offended!!! I'm almost 3 years younger than Tisha and she didn't ask me. She just handed me one.
Next we headed off to Greektown for dinner.....
I had a chicken gyro sandwich....good, but not worth the price they charged.


























1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment