Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10 Years!

10 years ago today, I married my best friend.

Photobucket


10 years ago today, I started a new journey.
10 years ago today, I became a wife and started a life that I had always wanted.

I remember that day. I remember wondering what Chris was doing and if he was as nervous and excited and happy as I was. I remember having Joy with me the night before keeping me calm and making me laugh and talking about how much my life was going to change.

Photobucket
She stood by my side that day and she's always been there ever since. :)

10 years ago today, I gained a whole new family. I gained nephews and a niece. I gained cousins. I gained Aunts and Uncles. I gained siblings. I gained Grandparents, and I gained parents. I am truly blessed! (Boy, it's a good thing I'm not any bigger considering all that I gained lol)

It's hard to believe it's been a whole decade since we said "I do". A lot has happened. We've had good times, and we've had trying times, but we've stood by eachother's side through everything and we've loved eachother for better or worse. I can't wait to see how many more decades we can spend together. Even though I was saddened to turn 30 this year, I AM excited to see what the future holds for our family. I look forward to growing old(er) with my best friend and husband. I look forward to living out our happily ever after....

Happily Ever After by Denise Rodgers

“Happily Ever After”
is really a myth.
(It depends on whom
you’re happily-ever-after with.)

If I had to do it over,
I suppose that it’s true,
I’d still want to “happily-ever-after”
With you.

Happy Anniversary!


Chris, I love you more than words can say. I'm very happy with what we've become together. I look forward to making it even better in the next coming years. Let's make "happily ever after" our goal. (haha - inside joke between us)

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Congratulations on 10 years!

Rochelle said...

Happy Anniversary!
(Late wishes still accepted, right?!)