Sunday, October 30, 2011

Great pumpkins, Charlie Brown!

Every year it's tradition to carve pumpkins. We were a little late this year (only 2 days before Halloween), but at least it got done! I took the boys shopping for their pumpkins(but not at a pumpkin patch because, dude, they're like triple the cost of a grocery store), and then Dad got busy!

Chris gets on the computer with them and goes through all the pumpkin templates and lets them choose. I was trying to encourage the boys to get the real fancy templates that had houses with cats sitting on picket fences and whole neighborhoods carved on them. All that got me was dirty looks from my husband. (lol) Obviously, I am not involved in the carving process, so it really doesn't matter to me how elaborate the carvings get. haha It's just best for everyone involved if I don't have a sharp tool in my hand. Even Chris got me nervous with his carving tools, so I KNOW I would have been worse!

Mason didn't choose to terribly, but Cole's was a little more challenging, but being the awesome Dad that he is - he printed them out and went to work!.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
....cleaning the guts out was NOT their favorite part.

Photobucket

And Mason's finished pumpkin.....
Photobucket

And Cole's Mummy pumpkin...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
....for the record - Mason's pj pants aren't really that short on him. He's got them hiked up super high for some reason lol

So....now Chris has spent almost 2 hours of his time carving pumpkins for them that will be lit for only two days and then left to rot and be thrown away in a couple more days. Then we wait for next year to do it all over again! :)