Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chili for 20?!



Well, I have 5 batches of Chili sitting at my house. Every Sunday, my mother-in-law, my husband's aunt, and his grandma all take turns bringing different things for Sunday lunch. This week was my turn to bring the main dish. I decided on Chili. Well, we have a big family and usually always invite others from church for lunch as well. So, I decided to make 5 batches of my Chili recipe so I would have enough for 20 people. I decided to be efficient last night and make up the ground beef ahead of time, so when I got to Chris's grandmother's house, all I had to do was add everything in the pots and bam! - Chili for 20! Well, due to the freezing rain we received this morning, we were not able to make it down for church. So now I have 5 lbs. of ground beef made up for Chili and 15 cans of all the beans and tomato sauce needed for the Chili sitting in my cupboards. I am going to be very tired of ground beef, pinto beans, kidney beans, and tomato sauce. Can someone please pass the Beano?

2 comments:

Carin said...

Oh, your mother must be so proud of her girls! If there's one thing I remember about Di Fouts, it is this...cooking mass amounts of ground beef (or turkey)- whether it was preparation for jerry hodges coming for dinner, 10 people starting new diets, or a trip out west - she was always preparing food!

I love family traditions like your Sunday dinner thing...what a gift.

Tisha said...

LOL, Jerry Hodges coming for dinner. Oh man, that was hilarious.

Just think, you dont have to cook dinner for like 3 weeks!

I hope chris loves chili!