Wednesday, March 26, 2008

LIFE

As I sit here tonight, my heart is heavy. My thoughts are of those that I love and more importantly, my friend Tricia, and her husband, who is Chris's best friend - Scott.

My eyes are swollen from crying. I am going on 4 hours of sleep. I have a headache. I don't think I have one single drop of water left in me to give, yet somehow, I find that there is a river hidden beneath the surface. I am trying to be strong. Strong for myself, strong for Chris, strong for my children, strong for family members, and strong for her.

Our dear friend, Scott, was injured in a very big way Tuesday night while on his way to my house for a Bible study. He was hit by a semi-truck while standing on the side of the expressway. He is stable as of now, but will never again be the same physically. How could this happen to such a man who has the biggest zest for life I've ever known? He is our preacher and he has helped change so many lives since he has moved here. In the few months since he and his wife have been here, they have made many close friends. The zest this man has is for God! Just to prove to you how much he cares about telling others about Christ - he was preaching to the E.M.T.'s and the doctors and nurses all the way up until he was put to sleep for his operation. He is always thinking of others.

My prayer is that he will not change. He will still be the same, funny Scott that we all love. He will preach to us and tell us what we need to hear from his hospital bed if need be. I am reminded of a recent sermon that he gave - "It could have been worse". Those are the words of Scott.

***Sidebar for Scott - The Bible says to "weep with those who weep". Well, I did that! I've done it so many times. I've probably cried harder than Tricia. You are special to all of us, Scott. Get better soon so we can see your zealousness and your smile every week. There was a big void tonight at Bible study. We missed you.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

i'm so sorry, it doesn't always make sense. i am praying for you all today.

Carin said...

I will be praying. so sorry.