Monday, April 14, 2008

sometimes you just gotta

Ever in one of those silly, goofy moods where you just say and do silly things cuz you're happy, or short on sleep? Well, yesterday I had one of those moments. We were at Chris's grandparents' house and Chris's mom and dad were going home, and we were leaving shortly to follow them. Cole asked to ride with them, so I said "ok" and sent him out the door. Well, Chris's dad needed the booster seat out of our car, so I grabbed the keys and stood at the front picture window to watch and make sure he got into the car ok. He walked up to the car and I pushed the unlock button on the remote. Just as he reached out to open the door, I locked it again. He tried to open it, of course it wouldn't open cuz I had just locked it. He looked up at me standing in the window and shook his head "no" as if to say, "No, it's not unlocked. Try again." So, I nod my head and acknowledge that it is still locked and wave my hand back at him as if to say, "Ok, I'll try it again." I unlock it. He reaches out to open it and I quickly lock it again. By this point, me, Chris's grandparents, and his aunt and uncle are all standing there watching and laughing hysterically, wondering when he will finally catch on. He repeats the same head nod telling me silently that it still is not unlocked. I, again, nod my head and proceed to unlock the doors again. I, of course, lock them once more before he can open the doors, and finally!!!! HE REALIZES WHAT IS GOING ON and looks up and smiles. I couldn't resist. I was in a good mood yesterday and feeling silly, but not because I wanted to be that way, I was short on sleep. :)