So, I went grocery shopping last night with the two boys. I usually don't do this, but since Chris was visiting Scott at the hospital, I figured I'd be nice and take both of them so Chris and Scott could have some "guy time". BIG MISTAKE!! Mason was somewhat good since I had him strapped in the grocery cart, but Cole was another story. As I'm looking at the milk trying to decide what I want, I hear, "Uh oh!" I look over, and Cole is standing at the egg department and I see 3 eggs on the floor in front of him. Egg yolks and whites splattered all over the floor! I quickly run over there and try to use the quietest voice I have for public places to yell at him! "What are you doing?!" I say as more eggs drop out of the carton! He is holding onto a carton of 18 eggs with one hand. It is tipping over and eggs are slowly falling out onto the floor. I quickly grab it and stick it back up on the bottom shelf. My face is beat red with embarrassment and anger! Mason is leaning over in the cart so he can see the mess on the floor and keeps repeating "Uh oh. Mess!" I say in response through gritted teeth, "Yes, I know there's a mess. A big mess." I spend the next 10 minutes looking for someone to tell them about the mess that needs to be attended to, but I cannot find anyone. I have to pass the egg department a few more times to gather other groceries that are needed, and everytime we are within eyesight of the egg mess, again, Mason says, "Uh oh! Mess!" I again repeat, "Yes I know there's a mess, Mason!"Why? Why do children do those kinds of things? It seriously takes everything in me to hold back from yelling, "What's the matter with you?! Use your brain! I didn't tell you to go and get any eggs! Why would you just decide to pick up a carton of eggs one handed!" GRRHHH!!!!!
Why?
1 comment:
Maybe he thought he was being helpful. I know I'm going to regret saying this but I'm looking forward to the first few times Jonah does something stupid that I get totally embarrassed about. I hope that then I remember that it's actually quite funny. You can remind me when I call you all panicked and embarrassed.
Post a Comment