Monday, July 21, 2008

Hocking Hills, Ohio

Well, last saturday we headed out to the hills of Ohio. Hocking Hills to be exact.
We were going camping. Not exactly my most favorite thing in the world. Especially to be considered a vacation. But, I put on my happy face and we headed out.
We had so much "stuff" to take that I kept telling Chris that there was no way he was going to fit everything in our car.
Well, much to my surprise, he fit it all in.....
Notice that there is a guitar case in my lap? Yes, I said a guitar case.
We were meeting his parents at Walmart so they could follow us and I had to put the guitar in my lap til we got there and then we put the guitar in their truck. There was enough room for us 4 to sit and and breathe and that was it! We were packed to the roof! Literally!


We finally arrived to Hocking Hills. FIVE HOURS LATER!!!!!
We arrived to 90 something degrees and 100% humidity!!!
I sweat like I'd never sweat before while setting up our tent!
This is our lovely tent.
Notice the left part of the tent going down the nice hill?
Yes, our site was one big hill!
Hence the name of the campground and state park we were at!
At night, I had to put suitcases and Chris's guitar at the foot of the boy's bed so they wouldn't slide down the hill and off their foam mattress pad bed we had made them.
In the morning, guess where I found the boys?
At the foot of our bed, out of their sleeping bags and on the hard ground of the tent.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

hahhaahhaha your tent!!! and uh nice um full car and packing job Chris, I hear it was for a good cause!