I have always hated a momma's boy. You know the type: can't make a decision without asking mommy first, always talking to their mommy more than anyone else, too sensitive, always finding some excuse for why their mommy's advice is the best, yadah, yadah, yadah! Anyways, I've always told myself that my boys would never grow up to be like that. BUT.....is there anything wrong with them being a momma's boy until they turn 5? (hehe) I have a momma's boy - Mason. I love it! I love that he comes running to me when he's hurt. I love that he wants to cuddle with me the most. I love that he hides his face in my neck or shoulder when I'm holding him and someone comes up to him who wants to hold him. I love it, love it, love it! The reason I am loving it and not encouraging him to be otherwise, is because I know in a couple of years he will not be like that. I am taking advantage of it while I can. I believe it is fine and normal for boys to be "momma's boys" while they are toddlers. After the toddler stage, well, I think it's time to grow up and move on to more boyish things.Example of why I love Mason being a momma's boy, but at the same time kind of feel bad that he isn't more of a daddy's boy:
Last night when we got home, Mason and Cole were already asleep. So, I carried Mason (who was already in his pj's) to his bed, while Chris carried Cole in to the bathroom where he went potty and got on his pj's. Mason whined a little bit when I put him down, but soon fell back asleep. I thought. After Cole got his pj's on, he sweetly asked his daddy to put him to bed. My heart melted. So, Chris went and tucked Cole into his top bunk and told him "good nite". While he was getting ready to leave, Mason started crying softly. So, being the loving and gentle daddy that he is, Chris bent down and soothed Mason. He rubbed his head (which used to put him to sleep when he was a baby) and told him he loved him and to have sweet dreams. Mason opened up his beautiful brown eyes, looked at his daddy and said, "I want mom."
I could not help but laugh and melt at the same time when Chris relayed this story to me after he walked out of their room. I know Mason loves his daddy. I don't doubt that for one second. But he loves his mommy just a little bit more sometimes. :)
1 comment:
noting wrong whatsoever in a momma's boy!!! I love my momma's boy and and i want him to be my baby FOREVER! Love that story! Mason can your special baby till he's 20! I think you can be a momma's boy and not be a whiner
Post a Comment