
Sweet Mason wanted to go with his big brother.
He kept saying, "Ride school bus? Sit on lap?"
I felt so bad telling him he couldn't go.

Cole was so anxious to go.
If he was nervous or scared, he didn't let me know it.
That was probably best since my stomach was in knots the whole morning!

It absolutely killed me seeing him climb up those steps onto the bus.
He is so little.
He's too small to be going to school.
He's still my baby.

I cried, OF COURSE!
I waited til after the bus left though.
I didn't want him to see me cry.
(This is actually a good "cry face".
It gets much worse sometimes. :) )

My Kindergarten Wonder
I wonder what you're doing right now
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
a nice friend that you can find.
I wonder if the teacher knows just
how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your
heart is something she can see.
I wonder if you are thinking about
me and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your
voice and how you give my leg a tug.
I wonder if you could possibly understand
how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
for this is the first step in letting my baby go.
by Wendy Silva
(Four years ago I found that poem at a scrapbooking store.
I've saved it all these years for this very day.
I wanted a special poem that I could put in Cole's scrapbook
when he first went to kindergarten.)


1 comment:
oh such sweetness! that poem is a tear jerker! yay coley!
Post a Comment