

Cole had orientation today.
His first day sitting at the table.
His first day actually meeting his teacher
and shaking her hand.
His first day wearing his new backpack.
His first day seeing all the other children who would be in his class.
A day of firsts.
I, of course, got teary eyed as I sat there and watched him.
He sat so quietly and perfectly.
He listened to his teacher talk to the adults.
He looked at the alphabet along the top of the wall.
He whispered all the letters and what the picture was that went with each letter.
He was so precious.
I held it together though.
I did not cry.
Tomorrow will be a completely different story.
He rides the school bus tomorrow.
His first day sitting at the table.
His first day actually meeting his teacher
and shaking her hand.
His first day wearing his new backpack.
His first day seeing all the other children who would be in his class.
A day of firsts.
I, of course, got teary eyed as I sat there and watched him.
He sat so quietly and perfectly.
He listened to his teacher talk to the adults.
He looked at the alphabet along the top of the wall.
He whispered all the letters and what the picture was that went with each letter.
He was so precious.
I held it together though.
I did not cry.
Tomorrow will be a completely different story.
He rides the school bus tomorrow.
1 comment:
i bet he was the best behaved one there! (and the cutest!)
Post a Comment