Chris had to go out shopping for a projector for the church. I mentioned that maybe the boys and I would tag along just to get out of the house. He said he would drop us off at the mall and come back to go shopping with us when he was done. So, I went to the mall with the boys and they played at the kids play area for about an hour and a half. I kept wondering where Chris was because he told me it should only take him about a half hour to shop for the projector.
So, I figured he was running into some trouble finding what he needed, or he found what he needed and was asking a lot of questions about it. So, as I was talking to Tisha on the phone, trying to pass the time, she says, "Oh! Chris is calling me!" I don't think anything of it and say,
"Oh, he probably has a question about projectors" (since I knew they had one at their church. He probably didn't have Nathan's number and he had Tisha's.) So, the boys and I decided to go into Sears to use the bathroom and get a drink. We went upstairs in sears so I could look at the clothes for the boys also. Chris called while I was up there and asked where I was at. I told him and he met us up there. We shopped around a while and eventually, it led us to the ladies' department where I found the following treasures....ON SALE!!!!!!
$40 jacket that I got for $17

$60 dress that I got for $10 !!!!!!!

Then, while we were shopping for these items, somehow it was brought up that Chris
had bought me a valentine's present. I was shocked! Not that he had bought me one,
because in times past he has bought me something little, but we aren't huge on buying
gifts for valentine's and sweetest day, so I wasn't expecting anything and I wasn't
planning on buying him anything either. I couldn't believe that I was still getting another
present after he had already bought me the jacket and dress!!!! Well, he didn't make me wait
til the next day (valentine's day), he gave it to me when we got home that night.......
Paris Hilton perfume, shower gel, and lotion!!!!! He picked it out all on his own!!!!!
While I was sitting at the kids play area at the mall, he was at Macy's buying me this
lovely smelling gift!!! What a great husband!!!!
(So, he was actually calling my sister to ask her about where a certain store was in the mall. and
what took him an hour and a half was that he was shopping for ME!!!!!!)

The next day was a very exciting day for me. This was a day that I had been planning
and anticipating for months!!!! I had planned a big Valentine's Couple's Party! All the couples were to dress in as many pink and/or red things that they could for points. (side note: Tisha got 27 points alone in what she was wearing. I think she rounded up every single bracelet, necklace, piece of clothing, and makeup she had that was red or pink. She looked like Peptobismol exploded all over her!) Any food or drink that they brought that was red, pink, or had hearts on it or shaped like hearts was a point as well. The whole point of the day was that each couple would be collecting points for certain things throughout the whole party and at the end of the party, the couple with the most points total, won a $25 gift certificate from Chris and I for either Olive Garden or Red Lobster. We played 3 games. The first was a Bible matching game. I listed the names of men in the Bible on one column. In the middle column, their wives names were listed, but not in the correct order. Then in the 3rd column, were listed the book, chapter, and verse where it states that they are man and wife. Everyone had 5 minutes to place the wife and scripture verse next to the correct man's name. The next game was "Which celebrity am I?". I made lovely head bands for everyone (as you can see by the picture below), which we attached pieces of paper to with the name of a certain celebrity. The point of the game was to guess who you were. I chose all dead celebrities because there would have been an endless possibility to who they could have been if I chose living people. I chose all different kinds of celebrities. I had politicians, inventors, actors, actresses, musicians, etc. Everyone got to go around the room and ask one question to one person to try and find out who they were. They could not ask their own spouse. Everyone got 3 free questions. After they asked their 3 free questions, they got one free guess to see who they were. Every question and guess after that was a point against them. Nice catch, huh? :) It was a very fun game. Tisha made it the most fun because she was Jack Lemmon. She knows who Jack Lemmon is. She's probably seen every single movie he has been in, but there was just one problem. She couldn't remember his name. She knew who she was after her 3rd question, but couldn't remember his name. Sheila, who was sitting across from her, was John Lennon, so that was messing her up. Finally, I decided to let someone give her a hint. They told her that one of her names was a fruit. She started writing every single fruit God made down on a piece of paper. She had pomegranates, strawberries - you name it. Every fruit except a lemon! Then someone gave her another hint after she couldn't get lemon. They said, you put in in ice tea. She guessed lemon after that, but then she couldn't remember what his first name was! LOL We were roaring with laughter by this point. Someone decided to give her yet another hint to help her out. They said his first name is the name of a toy. She didn't get it. Then they said that his name was also the name of something used to fix a car. She started naming tools. Every took you could think of except a jack! I forget how long it took her to guess, but it was quite hilarious!
The last game we played was, of course, the Newlywed game. We exchanged our white elephant gifts, and then I tallied up the scores to see who won. There was a tie between Tisha and Nathan, and Scott and Tricia! Chris had them pick a number between 1 and 82 (their score totals) and Nathan ended up picking the number right before the number Chris chose.

Sunday was our usual day spent at Grandma's house. I had to get this picture. My three boys. All playing the Nintendo DS.

On Monday, since it was Abraham Lincoln's birthday, there was no work for Tisha and no school for Cole. So, we decided to have a sister day. We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese in the morning to play a little while.

Cole and Mason enjoyed a game of air hockey.


Mason played a Super Mario racing game, but I had to hold down the gas pedal for him because he couldn't reach it. Let me tell you how comfortable that was!!!

Tisha decided to put Jonah in this car ride. You get to sit next to Chuck E. Cheese himself and the ride takes a picture of you with him. She sat Jonah down in the car, and then we put Mason next to him. Jonah was sitting there, then all of a sudden he realized that someone was next to him and it wasn't Mason. He turned, looked at Chuck E. Cheese, and then this is what happened.....

It was so funny! So, Tisha moved Jonah to the outside of the car and put Mason on the inside next to Chuck E. Cheese. Mason turned, took one look at Chuck E. Cheese and he started whining. He was reaching for me and trying not to panic. He wasn't crying like Jonah, but you could tell he was very close to a break down.

After the kids calmed down from the Chuck E. Cheese fiasco, they decided to play Skee Ball. They loved that!



Tisha accidentally bought Jonah two of the same fleece, so she brought the extra one for Mason and we decided it would be cute to dress them the same for the day. Bad idea! We would be standing there watching Cole play a game and all of a sudden Tisha would say, "Where's Jonah?" I would quickly look around, locate a green fleece standing next to me looking at another game and say, "There he is", then we would see a dart of green fleece go running by us in the other direction. Guess who that was? Yep! Jonah!!! We were looking at Mason. It got to be very confusing!

We took the kids to watch the music show. Mainly because Tisha wanted to see if she could freak Jonah out with the puppets on stage. Notice the nice backwards foot on the bird cheerleader?
That's nice ghetto Flint Chuck E. Cheese for you!

Before we left, I wanted a drawing of me and the boys. They have a machine there that takes your picture, then sketches out your picture! It only costs one token too! So, we sat down for a picture. You put in your token, fix your face so inside the screen, they snap your picture and then print it out. Easy right?

Well, it's not so easy if everything is backwards!!! You're looking at yourself in the screen and you see that your face is not centered. So, you move it to the side to center it, and it's the wrong side. Everything is backwards!!! It was so hard to remember which way to move! You're in a hurry too because they only give you a few seconds before they snap your picture!
This was our first attempt.

The second one was okay, but I couldn't get Mason to look at the right screen.

Then I decided to get a picture of me with each of the boys alone. My picture with Mason was ok. He had a weird smile and I couldn't get us centered fast enough.

When it was time to take my picture with Cole, I think the machine was tired from taking all those other pictures because it was not working right! As soon as I'd drop the token in and sit back to start centering our faces in the screen, it would snap our picture!
Here's attempt #1

And here's attempt #2. I gave up after that.

I complained to Tisha that the machine was broken. She sat down and said, "Let's try to get our picture". She plopped in her token, we posed, and the machine decided it wanted to work for her!

Later that night, Chris decided he wanted to go play drop in hockey at the local ice arena. It was from 9:30-11:00 p.m. I wanted to go watch him really bad. It had been 10 years since he played drop in hockey and since I'd watched him play! So, I bundled up the kids and brought them water and blankets and we went. Grandpa came too. We sat and froze while we watched daddy play.


Chris is the guy in the middle.

Chris is the one on the far right.

Chris is the one in black on the far right.

The boys enjoyed it a lot! They would sit, then they would go stand at the glass and wave to Chris. They got to see their first hockey fight in person! Two guys decided to go at it and had a fight. That's Flint for ya.

Chris had a blast and I am so happy! He had a rough night because he didn't want to waste money on getting his skates sharpened since he didn't know if he was going to like it or not. Because of that, he had a hard time skating. If his skates would have been sharpened, he would have been awesome!!! He is planning on going again and I know there will be some really great pictures! :)
2 comments:
we'll have to try huckleberry next time. hucklebery has the BEST pizza!
thanks for the sister day and dinner!
jonah's face stayed red until he went to bed. mason has a strong arm!!
i wonder how many layers of pink/red i can pack on for next year.
great post!
ya know i wonder if when people think the boys are twins if htey think jonah is the slow "special" twin cuz they dont know that he's actually a year younger.
hahahahha
Post a Comment