So, today we are having insulation blown into our house. Our neighbor is helping the guy who is doing the insulation job. They are family friends. After Chris and Josh took off this morning on their fishing trip, I got to work on everything I needed to do today before 3:30 p.m.......
List of things to do:
clean house (vacuum, dust, sweep, put things away, etc.)
give kids bath
wash clothes, fold and put them away
iron clothes for tonight
work on Bible class lessons
make chili for tomorrow
take another shower and do my hair and makeup for tonight
.......and in that order too. I know the list might not look like it would take from 9:30 this morning til 3:30 this afternoon to accomplish, but let me tell you - I worked diligently and stayed right on schedule. I checked the clock every half hour or so to make sure I was giving myself the perfect amount of time. Sounds like I have it all under control right? Well, I forgot one little itty bitty problem in my list of things to do and the order in which I was doing them. By the time I got around to the last item on my "to do list" - take a shower - the men would probably be working on the back of the house right by the bathroom window, which just happens to look directly into the shower!!! YIKES!!! I realized this while I was waiting on my frozen ground beef to brown to make the chili. I panicked. I tried to turn up the burner and brown it a little faster so I could get done in time. As I was trying to make the chili, the men were working on my bedroom walls. All they to do was do the side of the house where my bedroom and the boys bedroom is located, and the backside of the boys room, then there's the bathroom with the window looking into the shower! I called my mother in law laughing, and slightly in a panic, and told her my dilemma. She laughed and laughed and thought it was quite comical. I'm so glad I gave her a good laugh for the day. After I finished putting all the ingredients for the chili into my pot and covered it and put it on a low simmer, I checked to see what time it was - 2:37 p.m. I was early! I still had almost an hour before I really needed my shower. I was proud of myself for getting everything done. I quickly, and discretely, checked out the window to see where the men were at. Good! They were still working on my bedroom. So, I quickly jumped in the shower - all the while checking the window.
The lesson learned from today. Maybe take out a few things in the "to do list" and not cut it so short. And maybe think ahead a little more - something Chris is always telling me I need to do more. Well, lesson learned today and he was proven right. Wait. Did I just say that? Hmm...great! Now I have to listen to him gloat!
No comments:
Post a Comment