Monday, October 19, 2009

Medieval Times

This weekend we went to Kelly's for Nolan's birthday party. The theme was Medieval Times. Let me tell you, Kelly out-did herself! She always has the best birthday parties for her kids. She always makes the best cakes and has the best games and I always feel like my kids are getting the short end of the stick when it finally comes around to their parties. I've had a few bad ones in my past.

Anyways, I give you "The Cake"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know how she did it. It was like little elves worked their magic late into the night. We got there late Friday night, sat and talked a little, watched a little tv, I went to bed and woke up the next morning and voowala! the cake was done!

Photobucket

She even bought little goblets for the kids to put their drinks in. The boys were Sirs and the girls were Ladys. So cute!

Photobucket

I heard little chipmunks singing and rapping down the hall. I walked slowly down towards Haley's room and this is what I found....

Photobucket

Cole and Mason were jumping all around and dancing to Alvin and the Chipmunk soundtrack.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeping with the medieval theme, Kelly gave all the boys a shield and sword. The girls all got party hats that they got to decorate with bejewel looking stickers and streamers. I seriously thought about making myself one but thought I was too old for that. Now I'm kind of wishing I had made one.

Photobucket

Chris stole Mason's and him and Cole jousted a bit before the games begun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first game was a catapult game. The kids had to sit at the end of the table and use a spoon stuck to a wooden block with a rubberband and shoot marshmallows into the castle. They were divided into two teams - gold and silver - and the team who had the most points at the end of the all the games that day won.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chris caught Cole and Grant fooling around. I love Grant's facial expressions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

he got 5 points! yah!!!

Photobucket

I had to throw this picture in here. Ethan has changed so much! He actually looked like a teenager this weekend! How did that happen?! He was decked out in his American Eagle clothes and looking so grown up and handsome. Makes me feel old!

Photobucket

Chris ran downstairs and snuck this picture. After the game was done and everyone went back upstairs, Linda tried playing the game.

Photobucket

The next game was really neat. Kelly hung decorated paper plates on the clothes line outside. The big kids were the horses and the little kids got to ride on their backs and try to knock down all the paper plates on their line with a pool noodle- hey, she did good with what she had to work with. haha

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids got three turns to knock down as many as they could. Chris is giving Mason a pep talk. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next game (I forget the name of it) was where they had to toss "rocks" onto the other teams' towel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(one of these days I'm gonna get him to smile in a picture)

The last game was "Save the princess". Each team got a Barbie doll. They had to take the opposing teams' princess and hide her. One got hid in the backyard, the other in the front. Then each team had to spread out and find their princess. If the other team tagged them, they got sent to jail which was the front porch and back porch. Their other teammates could come and tag them to get them out of jail. The first team to find their princess and save her won.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cole is in jail.

Photobucket
Mason is in jail too.

Mason got bored of being in jail and started wandering around the front yard by himself.

Photobucket

Mason's entire team got tagged and got stuck in jail. Cole's team, however, took forever to find their princess. Their princess was hidden in the garden and everyone on that team ran through and by and around the garden and everyone kept running right passed their princess. We were all standing on the back porch watching and we were all laughing, quietly, because they couldn't find their princess.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After what seemed like e-yons, Nolan finally rescued the princess. Now it was pinata time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chris had to give Mason a little help getting his candy. He couldn't get past all the big kids to get some candy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, the kids dug into their candy bags as soon as they got in the house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Nolan. We love you!

(p.s. Kelly - if you ever do another medieval party, you could go to Burger King and get their hats and cover up their logo with a little sign that said Sir Nolan, or Lady Haley for example. You did an excellent job at the party and the cake. I think you should go into the cake business. I can see it now - Kelly's Kakes! lol)

1 comment:

Tisha said...

how in the world does she think of those games!!! good grief, poor jonah didnt even really get a 2nd birthday party because of josh's open house. his 3rd will have to be much better.