
(Chris complained that the card was a little girlish, but it was the only card shaped like a 7. I don't think Cole cared.)

Since we bought his DS from Zach at church, we obviously didn't have the original box it came in. So the old box to my cell phone was the smallest box I could find to put it in. As soon as he opened it up he exclaimed, "I get a phone!" Not what I expected. I was expecting something along the lines of, "A phone?!" and a somewhat disappointed look on his face.

Notice his smile is a little bigger with his real present? :) He was very happy! And the funny thing was the other night he was saying in the car that he hoped he got a DS for his birthday. Chris said, "If you were to get one, what color would you want?" And he replied, "Red." We were so relieved, because that's what he got!

His present from Mason was a game.

All the way up until we left for Chuck E. Cheese, Cole sat on the couch and played his new present.

We arrived at Chuck E. Cheese at pretty much 11:00 on the nose. There was one birthday party already in session, but thankfully they were all gathered around their table still singing and eating. We got in line to order our drinks and pizza and this lady in front of us handed us some coupons. Well, Chris had already printed a coupon out online for a large pizza, 4 drinks, and 25 tokens for $19, but his lady had a coupon for a pizza with 2 toppings, 4 drinks, and 100 tokens for only $10 more! So, we got greedy and took that one because we figured any tokens the boys didn't use, we could bring back another time. Well, we ended up using all 100 tokens!!!! We were there for almost 3 hours!!!! It was just how you would expect an afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese would be. Rowdy, bratty, disease carrying kids running all over he place. A few times some kids tried taking the boys' tickets out of the machine WHILE THEY WERE PLAYING THE GAME!! The nerve!!! I was so stressed out constantly watching out for ticket thiefs and watching to make sure I always could see the boys. Each of us took turns going with the boys so they could go off and do their own thing if they wanted but one parent was always with them. Thankfully, the tokens were used up, the boys exchanged their tickets for prizes, and we left!!!! YEAH!!!! Both Chris and I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as we got outside. Our brains could rest. You can't help but feel all jittery in that place and you're all keyed up. It does something to you. It's not good. lol
So, we came home, cleaned house and got ready for my side of the family to come over for Cole's birthday. He requested Chili and Root Beer Floats for dessert for his birthday.



A very long game of Phase 10 was played. I won, just in case you were wondering. :)

Papa and Lucas took a long nap together.

It was a good day. Happy Birthday, Cole. We love you. You are a blessing to us each and every day.
I have to add that when we were putting the boys to bed that night, Mason asked to say the prayer. It went a little something like this:
"Father in heaven help them to feel better. (I don't know why, but every prayer always begins like that.) Please help grandpa and grandma to come to MY birthday and please help me to get a Nintendo DS with Mario Kart and Spiderman too."
Chris and I were holding in our laughter. Mason just kept going on and on asking for all of these presents. It sounded like he was talking to Santa. Chris had to interrupt and cut his prayer short. We would have been there all night I think!
1 comment:
Mason is so cute! I couldn't stop laughing at his prayer!
Post a Comment