Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


Tonight I was clearing the table while Chris and Cole were finishing up their dinner and Cole said, "Mom, Dad. Count how long I can hold my breath." So, I stood by the table and watched as his cheeks were as huge as a squirell's and he held his breath. I started counting out loud. After I reached about 12 I started thinking, "Hmm...he's probably just breathing out of his nose and pretending he's holding his breath." So I watched his chest intensely for any signs of him breathing. Didn't see it moving at all. Then I watched his nose to see if his nostrils were moving at all. Nothing. "Wow!" I thought, "he's pretty good at that!" Then when I reached 22 he stopped and took a huge breath, and exclaimed, "I can't hold it anymore!" Chris and I both looked at eachother with amazement on our faces. I said, "Wow, Cole. 22 seconds is really good! I can't even hold my breath for that long!" Then he smiled and said, "I didn't hold my breath all that time. I was breathing out of my nose." LOL Chris and I started laughing. "You're funny. You really looked like you were holding it," I said. Then he said, "Hey Dad. Guess what? Today at lunch I told the kids to count how long I could hold my breath. They counted all the way up to 70 and were like, 'Wow, Cole! You can hold your breath all the way up to 70 seconds?!'". Chris and I busted out laughing. It was so funny. I could just picture Cole at school, sitting at the lunch table with all his friends staring amazingly at him as his cheeks were huge and he so gracefully "held his breath" and they kept counting higher and higher all the way to 70. LOL. I said, "You are your father's child! That is something he would do!" Chris started laughing even harder and said, "That is something I would have totally done! I am so proud of you, Cole. You thought of that all on your own?" With a huge, prideful grin, he said, "Yep!" I LOVE that about kids. I love it when they come up with stuff like that on their own. He is so smart! Even when he's using his brains to come up with something hilarious like that, it's amazing. And once again....

that's why they keep me laughing. :)

2 comments:

grans6 said...

He is so funny!!!

Rochelle said...

Oh my goodness... CRack me up!!! Go Cole!!!!!!