Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Party

Our annual Valentine's Day Party. I plan for weeks ahead of time for this. I have so much fun. I search through the internet for game ideas, I scratch down all my ideas on a piece of paper, I make tons of lists, I type up games and re-type games, go buy the grand prize gift - all that so everyone can have a fun time at our party. And I enjoy every single second of the planning. I look forward to this party every year. I wish I could afford to throw more parties throughout the year. I just love to entertain and open my house up to people.

This year was a GREAT turnout! We had three couples from out of town this year! Everyone arrived, all decked out in their red and pink and looking FABULOUS! Some men just know how to wear a heart sticker and necklaces. lol It was very humorous watching everyone pile into the house with all their goodies and seeing how extreme they went for points. Gordie and Sheila were hilarious! And on Sunday, the day after the party, she told me about 15 more things that they could have gotten points for that I didn't count up! She went NUTS!

Everyone has fun (or at least, they say they do) getting into the spirit of the party and trying to out-do everyone else for points. But the games play a huge part in the point system. I know everyone worries each year about going home mad at their spouse, and let me just say that I do not intentionally make it so that everyone will have fights, but let's be honest - it makes it more interesting. lol

We started out the party with the "Guess Who I Am?" game. The point of this game was to guess who you are. I went to Burger King and got 20 crowns. Yes. I said 20. I just walked up to the counter, asked if I had to buy anything to get them, and they said "no", and just handed me them. Well, after we had a small discussion on whether or not I wanted regular crowns or Twilight ones. lol This year I gave everyone a Disney character. They got to ask one question at a time to figure out who they were. The catch was that every question was a point AGAINST them.

Photobucket

I think Danny was Snow White. I can't remember who Sarah was, but all I remember from this game is that Danny figured who he was in about 6 questions, but Sarah didn't. Danny, teasingly, told Sarah she better step up and figure it out real soon or he would bring someone else to the party next year. That got a huge laugh out of everyone in the room except for Sarah, of course. Danny, that wasn't too smart, but it was funny though. I'll give you points for being funny. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And the best picture of the day.....drum roll please......

Photobucket
TA-DAH!!!!! lol He looks so serious and "special". haha

The next game was the Newlywed game. Then we played a President and their wives matching game. Then it was time for the gift exchange. There were some pretty good gifts this year. I think the best was the printer (if it really works lol). Although, that might be up there tied for 1st place with the Paula Abdul Get Up and Dance workout dvd. Let me just say that I tried that dvd, and cheesy though it may be, IT'S HARD!!! I thought I was pretty coordinated before and had rythym, but not after doing that! I have two very huge left feet!!! lol I was laughing so hard at myself while doing it, that I gave up and watched the rest of it while I did my elliptical. lol

Anyways, I think the party was a hit. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves and had a good time. I think almost better than the party itself was the fact that everyone hung around so late after the party to play games. That was so much fun! I love it when people feel comfortable enough at my house and are having such a good time that they don't want to leave. :) We had a game of Mexican Train going and Cities and Knights. Chris and Danny seranaded us with live music. I have to admit that they did VERY WELL for not having played with eachother for probably 4 or 5 years. They did a very good job. They haven't lost their touch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you everyone who came to our party! Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

grans6 said...

It was a blast! I think the best ever! Of course it may be because we actually went home not fighting.lol. Thanks again for all you did for it.

Tisha said...

had so much fun!