Monday, February 8, 2010

The BIG Game!

Our first Sunday potluck and sing was scheduled for Matt and Rachel's house. Well, this posed a slight problem for Chris as they did not have HD. *Gasps!* How dare they host a Superbowl party and not have HD!!!! (lol j/k) So, Chris kindly offered our antenna to Matt so he could hook it up and get HD channels for free. It worked! Chris was happy now. But, I had an idea stirring around in my head. Matt and Rachel are Colts fans. Rachel, especially! She was very thankful for the HD so "her boys" would look good when they won the Superbowl. :) hehe I had to do something for the Saints to rub it in her face and tease her. Plus, we just don't root for the Colts. It's a family, competitive thing. :) So, I thought about what I could do for us that wouldn't cost a lot of money. I didn't want to put too much into this because I figured the Colts were going to win, but I still had to put up a good fight. So, I thought of ironing on Saints logos onto t-shirts. I tell Chris my big idea and we set off to Michael's and Goodwill to find what we need. Joe and Paulette came along too. Joe was going to make a shirt and some pom poms for the boys. :) So, we went home and Chris started his "magic." It was so brilliant! He was a wizard on Photoshop and designed the logos for our t-shirts. After much trial and error with the adjusting the colors just right and figuring out how to iron them on correctly, he had it down to a science....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and about 4 hours later....we had Saints shirts!

Photobucket

We had our potluck and sing as planned, and then after the sing, Chris, Cole, and I snuck downstairs to the bedroom to change into our Saints shirts. Cole was the first one out and he went walking by Rachel to show her. :) She said, "Hey! What is that?!" He smiled, laughed and said, "And mom, dad, and grandpa have one too!" lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We settled in to watch the game. It was a close one, surprisingly. We were good fans. We waved the pom poms, yelled and screamed, and then came the big moment...

Photobucket

THE SAINTS WON!!!!!!! THEY BEAT THE COLTS!!!!!!

We were in shock! We were so surprised. We actually thought they would lose. Poor Rachel. She wasn't too happy, but she was a gracious loser. That's what we tell the boys. We tell them to be gracious winners and losers. So, all I have to say to the Colts fans that might be reading his, and to the Colts FAN who didn't want to help me make nice Saints shirts - BE A GRACIOUS LOSER! lol

Photobucket

GOOD JOB SAINTS! YOU DESERVE THAT WIN!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

ok that was cute! could cole wear his to school today or are they not allowed to wear "symbols" on their clothes?