Mom and Dad are in the process of putting up a pool that they got from Linda and Terry. It's a job and a half! Well, that's what I've seen and heard, anyways. I don't REALLY know cuz I've hardly lifted a finger nail to help (sheepishly smiling), but I know that it's a big job. We went over the other night to help put up the deck. The guys were supposed to be working on getting the deck up while me and Paulette worked on hosing down and scrubbing the aluminum slats that went around the pool. There were so many! There was a huge pile of them...and Paulette had already worked 3 hours on them! There didn't seem to be any end in sight with these things! I was NOT looking forward to bending over and scrubbing these all night, but I knew they needed help and that's what we were there for. We started cleaning. We had a little system going where we would share the bucket and the hose, but we each had our own scrub brush. We would do 4 at a time, and then we would set them up against the chicken coop to dry when we were done. Then grab another 4 and so on and so on. Sounds real fun, huh? The boys kept begging to help. We couldn't believe they wanted to help so bad, but they did! They wanted to scrub AND use the hose. Well, we let them scrub. :) Nice of us, huh? It was taking FOREVER and hardly anything was getting done. So, we took over. Then the guys needed our help maneuvering the deck. So we had to leave our post for a short while. Joe said he might need us again and to just stay there. So we just stood there and talked. We looked over and saw the boys hard at work on scrubbing the aluminum slats.

All on their own. They are such good workers.






Ethan was trying to hide from the camera :)

There they are. Hard at work. :)

And the fruits of their labor....

Chris and Ethan got bored and started looking for big rocks in the dirt and started throwing them at the big tree by the dirt bike track. They were counting how many times they could hit a certain branch. Fun times.



Joe worked diligently while they threw rocks, while Paulette and I stood there and talked, and while the boys cleaned the slats for us. :) At least one person kept working.
No comments:
Post a Comment