Tuesday, June 8, 2010

a special day for cole

Monday, Cole came home from school and he said, "You know, mom. You're allowed to come and have lunch at school with me." :) I had forgotten that I was allowed to do that. So, I said, "You want me to come have lunch with you tomorrow?" He got a big smile on his face and shook his head "yes". So, today Mason and I got all ready, we packed our lunch and headed up to Cole's school for lunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We turned the corner and just barely poked our heads around the corner when I instantly saw Cole's eyes staring in our direction. :) I think he was worried I wasn't going to make it. Instantly, their table was the popular table. All the kids flocked to that table as soon as they got their food. There wasn't any room for me to sit down, so I just stood and took pictures. :) The kids kept saying, "Cole, is this your little brother?" and "Cole, he's so cute!" and "Cole, he looks just like you!" lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After lunch, it was recess time. Cole got up and ran outside for recess. He didn't say goodbye or anything. He was gone. I guess having us there for lunch was good but he was over it. lol Mason wanted to go outside and play too. So I asked the principal if he could go outside with his brother. We found Cole outside playing basketball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It didn't take long for all the other kids to come outside. Instantly, a huge mob of kids formed around Mason and Cole. Mostly girls. lol They couldn't stop touching his hair and trying to hug him and saying how cute he was and that he looks just like Cole. It was hilarious! It was like Justin Bieber showed up or something! The girls were gaga for Mason! He would steal a glance at me every now and then with a "is-this-ok?" kind of expression on his face. He didn't know what to think. He could barely move because they were so close to him!

Photobucket

He got a little scared and shy from all the attention and tried to hold onto his brother. :) It was so cute!

Photobucket

Cole played the proud brother well. He tried to protect him and tried telling the kids to back up and give Mason room. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mason got a little ways away, but it didn't take long before his "fans" caught up with him again. :)

Photobucket

He got out and tried to make a run for it, but they were right on his heels! lol

Photobucket

Big brother to the rescue....

Photobucket

It didn't work.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(He likes Hannah and let her give him a hug. He wasn't so sure about the other girls.)

Photobucket
That picture cracks me up! She's got her arm around Mason like, "Yeah, he my home-boy!" Either that or, "Yeah, he my boyfriend!" LOL

Cole to the rescue again lol

Photobucket

Mason wanted to go play on the slides, so Cole took his hand and took him over there. Obviously, they had a crowd follow them. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That pictures cracks me up too! Chris and I busted out laughing when we were looking at it! Notice all the kids crammed into the top part of the slide! They're all pushing and shoving their way to try to get up by Mason. LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
There were so many girls trying to "help" him go down the slide that I think he slid down on laps! lol

Photobucket
Look at that grin. Like, "Yeah. These girls love me!" He's diggin' the attention. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a while, Cole came up to me crying. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I'm scared because the kids won't leave Mason alone and I'm afraid they're going to hurt him." :) It was so sweet. I gave him a hug and reassured him that Mason would be fine. Then I said, "Would it make you feel better if I took Mason home?" He shook his head "yes". So, for Cole's piece of mind and for Mason's "safety", we left and went home. :) It was a fun day visiting Cole at school. One, I'm sure, that none of us will forget. :)

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

That is precious -- how sweet he "reminded" you of lunch and that you all went!!!!