Monday, June 28, 2010

Splash Pad!

Last Friday, I took the boys to the Bicentennial Park for a playdate with one of Cole's classmates. We met under a nice big maple tree, sat on our blankets and had a picnic. Then the kids went into the splash pad to play. Tisha found out I was going to be there and decided to bring her boys too. The weather was perfect for running around in the water. I wished I had wore my bathing suit so I could have gotten wet. It was soooo hot!

Photobucket
Mason, of course, was scared of the water. My little cautious one. Sometimes it's cute and sometimes it's annoying. :)

Photobucket
Right away Cole and Jonah and Cole's friend Lauren took off running through the water. Mason kept a good distance from the water.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think Mason was the driest kid there! lol

Photobucket

Photobucket
lol His face cracks me up!

Photobucket
They were having races. They would follow Cole around the outside perimeter of the splash pad and sometimes they would go through some of the water things. Well, everyone but Mason, of course. lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tisha wanted to try Lucas out and see if he'd like sitting in the water....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Yeah...he didn't like it so much.

Photobucket

He was so proud of himself that he was standing that close to the water. haha
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Poor kid. His swimming trunks won't stay up. I had to safety pin them so they wouldn't fall off. And those are size 24 months!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last 10-15 minutes we were there was spent with the kids throwing Jonah's sandles into the water and taking turns going and getting them.
Photobucket
Jonah would throw them out under a big stream of water....

Photobucket
...then he'd say, "Mason, go get them!" lol

Photobucket

That was a very fun day. Looking forward to doing that more often this summer.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

wow i did NOT look attractive on splash pad day... those shorts need to go.. no more maternity shorts. lol.

the kids look cute! love the water shots with lucas.