Cole is becoming our little baseball champ. He loves baseball and he's pretty decent at it. Obviously he still has things he could learn and get better at, but for a 7 year old he has a lot of natural talent and ability. I've been very impressed. He's so cute too. He's so excited about his team. And he has every right to boast and be proud. His team, the Cubs, have done very well this season! They are currently in first place. Well, I don't know 100% that they are, but they have to be. Last time we checked we were tied for second and we've had two wins since then. That has to put us in first! His team has had their bad nights where they just aren't on top of their game, but for the most part they've pulled together as a team and played well. They're just a bunch of mismatch kids from different schools in the district that have been thrown together on the same team and most of them are pretty small for their ages too, except for a couple. Chris and I have been very impressed this whole season. It's been a blast going and watching all the games. I'm loving this "sports mom" stuff. :) I don't know how well Chris is enjoying himself since he's coach, but he's doing an awesome job with those kids. He's been so patient and, for once in his life, he hasn't been competitive. lol Well, except the time we played against the Red Sox for the second time. He kind of stacked the game that time, but otherwise he's been very fair and making sure each kid gets to play each position at least once. Mason isn't having as much fun with the baseball games though. I have to bring a snack and a drink. We always show up about 20 minutes early to warm up and we try to be the first there. As soon as we get there...I just barely have our chairs set up and Mason is bugging me for his snack already. :) It's a long time for him to sit and watch a game, but he does pretty well. The last game Cole had Mason was in heaven. Meemaw and Peepaw got to come to that game and Meemaw brought a bag full of chips and crackers and Skittles. He ate all night long! lol
Here are a few pictures from that game....

This was Cole's first game playing 3rd base. He actually made a good play and tagged a runner out at 3rd base! I was cheering and yelling so loud! I was so proud of him...








And lastly, Mason showing me his tongue after he ate almost a whole bag of Skittles. :)
2 comments:
love the action shots!!! and mason has a gene simmons tongue!
I love the fact that you got pictures of Cole getting the girl out at third. How cool is that!
Post a Comment