


The view from the blockhouse.



Our big hikers.


Dad noticed a snake trail in the sand.






When we reached the youth camp area, they had picnic tables put together in a circle. Grant used up his energy running and jumping from table to table. Cole decided it looked like fun but being the "careful" child that he is, he decided to climb down and then climb back up on the next table instead of jump the 1-2 feet in between the tables. :)

After hiking and lunch, it was time for the beach again. This time, I stayed back at camp with Mason and Kelly stayed with Nolan so the guys could do something fun. Chris rode down with Danny this time on the jet ski. Mason went down for 3 hr nap while me and Kelly played games. After about the 3 hr mark, I decided to get Mason up and we decided to head to the beach anyways. Even though he had a slight fever, I figured he could at least play on the beach. On our way down to the beach, we met up with Mom. She was coming to get us and watch the boys so we could go down and have fun. She told us how much fun everyone was having on the tube with the jet ski and she knew we'd want to go have fun too. :) And she was right. We were missing out on all the fun!



Ooooh! I got some air!
While Brian and Haley went on the tube, I watched Grant and Cole. I was their jet ski and I pulled them behind me while I tried to run on the sandbar. :) That was NOT easy! But they laughed and had fun.







I wanted another shot at riding on the jet ski since the waves weren't bad that day, so I hopped on with Danny while he pulled Ethan around on the tube. After a few minutes he asked me if I wanted to drive. I reluctantly said "yes". I kept watching Chris on the shore with the camera thinking, "I better not do anything stupid cuz he'll get it on camera," and I kept watching Kelly and Brian both standing there thinking, "I better not hurt Ethan or they'll be really mad at me!" lol Plus I was thinking, on top of all of that, "I better not ruin Danny's jet ski cuz I can't afford to fix it!" So needless to say, I was a nervous wreck! lol I was real nervous to be too punchy on the gas but Danny kept telling me to give it more gas. So I did and we got going and real quick my nerves went away. It wasn't that bad. It was a lot of fun, actually. He'd tell me to turn and all that and we'd keep looking behind us to check on Ethan to make sure he was still there. Danny kept telling me to go faster in the turns so that way Ethan would have some waves to go over. I didn't know what I was doing but I just drove!


After a few minutes, Ethan had us stop so he could empty the water out of his goggles. :) Then Danny jumped off the jet ski and climbed on the tube with Ethan! I was yelling, "What are you doing?! Don't leave me on here alone!" He was like, "You'll be fine. Just drive careful." I looked up to shore with begging eyes at Chris and Brian. I yelled, "Do one of you want to come out here and ride with me or take over?!" They just looked at me and smiled. They both had life jackets on and I was hoping one of them would save me, but I was on my own. So I took off and tried to drive the way Danny told me to. After a few minutes, Danny waved for me to stop. Apparently I was going too fast in the turns and not fast enough when I was going straight and it was killing their arms and necks. lol

This picture cracks me up because I guess it shows how bad of a driver I was. lol Oh well. I had fun! :)





Danny and Chris were getting ready to take the jet ski back to the truck but Cole wanted a quick ride.





Chris was climbing back on so they could take it back and he tripped and fell. :)


We had a fun filled week in Muskegon! I hated to leave. I never thought I'd say that about tent camping, but I wished that week could have gone on and on. We had so much fun and all the kids were so good and played so well together.
2 comments:
Yes!! So fun!!!! I am getting jealous of your camera! These pictures are amazing!
Great pictures. It looks like you were right there!! Loved this week too! One of the best weeks ever!!
Post a Comment