Mason fell asleep about 10 minutes before we got there and laid on the couch in this position for about an hour or so. :)

Cole and Mason are just like their dad. Little fishermen. It's so cute watching them try to fish. Especially when Chris is right there helping them and they get so excited when their dad fishes with them.




Uh oh. Aren't you supposed to be catching fish and not tree branches? :)
We were on 90 acres, so we decided to take a walk on them.



Apparently it was supposed to smell like carrots, so Mason had to check and see. He said, "Ewwh! That smells icky!"


We tried to go tubing down the river - me, mom, and the boys, but it didn't work out so well. We each had a tube, except Mason because he was going to sit on my lap. We started down the river, but Cole started panicking because he couldn't steer and he was afraid he was going to run into the rocks and trees. So he jumped off the tube. I told him how to steer and got him to get back on his tube. We went down the river a few more feet and he panicked again! So, he jumped off. Well, this time we were in the swimming hole (which I didn't realize) and so the water was up to his chin and he wasn't wearing arm floaties and he doesn't know how to swim!!!! Mom and I panicked right away. We were shouting for him to stand still and not move! We couldn't stop because the current was real strong and we didn't know how deep it was where we were since we were further down the river than Cole. I couldn't just jump off my tube because Mason was with me. He had his arm floaties on but I was still hesitant to let him fall in the river and try to grab him and the tube and walk up stream, or swim, to where Cole was. Mom and I were able to grab tree branches to stop ourselves and then I was able to pull myself along the fallen down tree to where Mom was so she could take Mason and I could go get Cole. Whew! It was quite an ordeal! Needless to say, we got Cole and walked back. I was NOT going to attempt THAT again! :) So, we just waded in the water and the boys and mom fished. :)


And of course Mason had to throw rocks too.



Cole is just like his grandma! haha He caught her fishing line instead of a fish!






Poor Grandma. When we left to go tubing, she had mentioned staying at the house and taking a nap or reading a book. Well, when we got back from trying to tube down the river, we didn't see her outside by the river. So we assumed she was inside sleeping or reading. Well, about an hour later she came walking up the drive! She had gone down to the last house on the property to meet us at where we were going to get out of the river! She waited and waited and then finally gave up and walked back! lol I felt so bad! So needless to say, she was very tired! :)

Cole got a real fish!!!!







It was such a fun weekend. The guys had fun fishing, even though they didn't catch as many trout as they had hoped, and I know the boys had fun. Mom said her favorite part was fishing with Cole. :) That is something she will always remember. I know Cole enjoyed it too.
My favorite part was going to the Amish bakery for breakfast and visiting all the Amish farms to buy produce. It's no secret that I'm obsessed with the Amish and love reading books about them. So when Joy told me about the bakery run by an Amish lady and her children, I just HAD to go! We took off Saturday morning to find it. It was a little ways away, but it was SOOOO worth it! She had glazed donuts that were TO DIE FOR!!!! We got donuts, cinnamon rolls, cashew brittle, banana nut bread, and I got peach pineapple jam. They were so delish! After breakfast and after the guys took off fishing, us ladies took the boys and went to visit the Amish farms. We went to several and hit a couple of garage sales where we found some good buys. Mom got a small refrigerator for camping, I got a queen size air mattress and a new dvd for the kids, and I found some matchbox cars for the boys to play with since I forgot to bring them toys. :)
It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend and we are so thankful to our friends for letting us share their vacation home.
(And just a collage of some of the pictures from that weekend.....)
3 comments:
as always great pictures. Thanks again for letting us tag a along. It was so much fun. Even catching the trees!
Love the pictures! Cole looks so grown up in that first fishing one! And LOL Chris's waders crack me up everytime I see them. HEHEHE Wish I could have been there to taste those Amish donuts....yum....I can almost smell them...
ok seriously you - super safety mom - let cole go tubing down the river WITHOUT a lifejacket?! even I wouldnt do that! lesson learned!
good grief i was scared just reading the post!
great collage though!
Post a Comment