Thursday, October 14, 2010

soccer with the boys

Monday night we took the boys up to Cole's school to play soccer. The boys LOVE soccer! Well - the boys just love any sport that their dad likes and will play with them. :) They were super excited!

Photobucket

Yeah. He's still got it. Watching Chris kick the ball and play with the boys reminded me so much of our senior year in high school and going to all his games. I loved those times! It was so much fun going and cheering him on and watching how good and talented he was at that sport. And he still is. He hasn't lost his touch. We need to get my baby on a soccer league next year! He's trying to talk me into getting on one with him. Me thinks not! I already got kicked in the ankle by him once when we were playing. I know I would get much worse if I played with a whole bunch of other huge, average height adults that don't care if they hurt me or not.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He scored!!!!

Photobucket
And then he got hit in the mouth by the ball. :)

Photobucket

I loved watching the boys play with their dad. Chris is such a good dad. The boys look up to him so much. I can see Mason turning into a daddy's boy, and I'm okay with it because I know they've got a great dad to look up to and to teach them what they need to know. They think their dad is the coolest and they love it when their dad spends time with them playing. It doesn't matter what they're playing. They just love it when dad does it too. They could play cooking and still have fun because Chris is really good at turning things into games. I love that about him! I hope my boys use their imaginations like that and make everything fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I learned to stand away from the net when Chris set the ball down and ran up to it and kicked it with all his might. I heard a "Hon! Watch out!" and then I felt the ball kick my camera!!!!! He's got skills and a good kick, but his aim was a little off that time. :)

Photobucket
The boys thought this airplane was cool.

Photobucket
Teaching the boys how to side kick the ball.

Photobucket
"It's beginning to look a lot like autumn! Leaves are on the ground...." Who says who can't take a song and make your own words to it. :)

Photobucket
Mason was bouncing back and forth on this alligator and I wanted to get a picture so I said, "Mason, stop!" and this is what he did. :) He stopped and froze. What a ham!

Photobucket
That's not a good sign. They're telling secrets. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

On our way home, the sun was so beautiful as it was setting that I couldn't resist pulling over and taking pictures. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Looks like fun! Beautiful Sunset!