Our date night started out with my mom coming to pick up the boys after Cole got home from school. They asked to take the boys for the night, and I wasn't about to say "no"! :) I had a new outfit to wear for our date night, thanks to Target. Every so often Target puts a coupon in their weekly ad for a free $10 gift card when you get a prescription filled. I was running low on my blood pressure medicine, but I kept waiting to call the doctor for a refill because I was hoping Target would put out another $10 gift card coupon before I ran out. Lucky me! The week that I was going to run out completely - they had the coupon in their ad! So, I used the $10 gift card to buy myself a top, a necklace, and Chris a rain jacket. The $10 did not cover the cost of all those items, of course. But it helped. :) After Chris got home from work on Friday, I ran up to the mall to find a long sleep top to go under the shirt I got at Target. Shortly after I got home, the boys were picked up and Chris and I changed and got ready to go out on the town! :)
When we have date night - our new go to restaurant for special occasions is Sagano's Japanese Steakhouse.

Their food is AMAZING!!! They cook the food right in front of you. The cook's do tricks with their utensils and the food. They usually toss you a piece of chicken to see if you can catch it in your mouth. The last time we were there, the cook used up almost all of the chicken on me because I couldn't catch it. lol He kept saying, "I not give up til you get it." Then after he was down to about 2 pieces of chicken he said, "I give up on you." lol That made me feel great! So I was really hoping they didn't do that this time.
I originally was trying to find something neat that we could do for our night out. Like see a show at The Whiting or some other theater in Detroit, catch a Red Wings game, go cross country skiing - anything neat and out of the ordinary, but NOTHING was going on this weekend! The only thing was an ice carving festival in Niles, MI that was 3 hours away! So, we'd want to stay at a hotel, but then Chris had to be up early to meet his Dad and Terry to go to a fishing show in Novi! I tried thinking of anything else we could do besides going to the movies, but I came up blank.
So...
After dinner, we went bowling!

(That's my exact bowling bag too!)
(Obviously, those aren't my pictures, but I had to add photos for the effect. lol)
We had a coupon to get one game free each. So, we thought we'd take advantage of that and bowl a couple games. I didn't do so hot. I at least broke 100 on both games. :)
After bowling, we went to Meijer, got some dessert to bring home and eat, then we rented a movie.

Weird movie!!! I had Chris stop it about every 15 minutes so he could explain it to me! It's one of those movies. He had it all figured out and knew what was going on, while I was completely lost! It was a good movie though. Very Matrix-ish. I was just enjoying a quiet house and spending time with Chris.
Every couple needs a date night. It doesn't have to be weekly, bi-weekly, or even once a month. I actually think the farther apart you have it, the more treasured it is. It's like chicken soup for the married soul. Cheezy - I know, but that's the only way to describe it. It's a fresh boost and a breath of fresh air for the relationship. For that one night you're care free and don't worry about the stresses of every day life. You're just enjoying your spouse and spending time together. It brings back a lot of memories from dating life. You tend to treat each other as if you were on a first date. Life gets hectic and we all get used to our spouses and things happen and stress enters our lives, but on date night - that's the one night when we remember why we chose that spouse and we get to relax and treat them with the love that we always have on the inside for them, but sometimes get too busy to show all the time. I am a firm believer in date night!
The next day, I was going to have the house all to myself. Chris was going to go to the fishing show in Novi with his dad and Terry. I got up at 8:30 with him and made him breakfast before he was going to leave. Then, while I was finishing up his omelet, he asked me what I was going to do that day. I said, "I don't know. I guess just sit around and watch tv." He said, "Why don't you come with me?" I thought, "Hmm...I guess I could. I don't have anything else I HAVE to do." So, I ran and got ready in record time. Seriously. I had 30 minutes to get in the shower, blow dry my hair and get my make up on and get dressed. We left the house 10 minutes late. lol
Still - not bad. :)
We got to the entrance ramp at the expressway and immediately as we descended down to the expressway, we were met with police cars, fire trucks, and volunteer fireman vehicles. All lights were flashing. We looked, and there was an accident. Great. Chris slowly started reversing, because they weren't letting anyone passed. It looked like they were closing down the expressway. Then a fireman in an SUV came drove up and told us they would let us through since we were halfway down the ramp. We questioned whether or not to continue or to get off at the next exit and head home. Especially after we saw another car in a ditch a half mile down the road. I called Dad to see how the roads in Fenton were and he said they weren't bad. Snow covered, but not bad. He hadn't seen any accidents. So, we decided we would all still meet up at Walmart and if the roads were bad, we'd turn around.
We ended up taking our car and Dad and Terry rode with us. Thankfully, the roads were better after we got out of Fenton. The fishing show was kind of neat. Not as boring as I thought it would be. :) They had seminars that you could listen to about pretty much anything you wanted, tons of vendors all over the place, tons of boats, PLUS they had a huge indoor pool that was big enough to put 3 boats and a kayak in! They had a spot set up where you could learn how to fly fish and get tips on technique. That was pretty cool. I got Chris and Joe to do it. The guy was very helpful and I actually learned some info too! They also did a fly fishing demo at the pool. There were famous people (in the fishing world) there as well. They did seminars and you could get autographs too. Marianne Huskey offered a seminar on the "lake". She stood in a boat and talked about fishing.

Never heard of her before, but in the fishing tournament world, she's famous. The guys got lots of tips and info and they are super excited to get out and fish this summer!
It was a great weekend! We got to be a kid free couple for a couple of days and we enjoyed it.
Thanks again, Babe for a great weekend! Love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment