So, I decided to make BBQ Burgers with home made fried onions,

I know in the picture it doesn't look like much of a gourmet burger, but let me tell you - the taste was gourmet! In between two buns is a 1/4 lb. of beef. That is topped with lettuce, cheese, home made fried onions, bbq sauce, and bacon. YUMMO!
I was surprised at how easy it was to make the fried onions on my own. Never again am I buying the store bought kind!

Loaded Potato Skins,

and Sautee'd Broccoli with cheese.

It was a hit! :)
The inspiration was short lived, as I have not made a meal like that since (lol). Maybe I should watch that movie every day for inspiration. Haha. I like to cook and I enjoy making gourmet meals for my family, but I have to be in the mood. And more often than not - I'm not in the mood. I don't like meals that have a million ingredients and tons of steps and take a long time to prepare. As it was, I was stressed out just making that meal and to some women, they're probably thinking "That's nothing! I make that kind of meal all the time!" Well, the loaded potato skins had more steps involved than I thought, plus I'm trying to make bacon for the burgers, trying to grill the burgers, trying to home fry onions for the burgers, trying to have my green onions and bacon chopped up for the potato skins, put the potato skins in the oven about 3 different times - whew! It was stressful with that many things going on at one time!
We enjoyed our meal though. I was happy and proud of myself. My husband was happy and satisfied, and the kids - they could care less.
Maybe inspiration will strike again and I'll have another scrumptious post for my blog! :)
*fingers crossed*

Loaded Potato Skins,

and Sautee'd Broccoli with cheese.

It was a hit! :)
The inspiration was short lived, as I have not made a meal like that since (lol). Maybe I should watch that movie every day for inspiration. Haha. I like to cook and I enjoy making gourmet meals for my family, but I have to be in the mood. And more often than not - I'm not in the mood. I don't like meals that have a million ingredients and tons of steps and take a long time to prepare. As it was, I was stressed out just making that meal and to some women, they're probably thinking "That's nothing! I make that kind of meal all the time!" Well, the loaded potato skins had more steps involved than I thought, plus I'm trying to make bacon for the burgers, trying to grill the burgers, trying to home fry onions for the burgers, trying to have my green onions and bacon chopped up for the potato skins, put the potato skins in the oven about 3 different times - whew! It was stressful with that many things going on at one time!
We enjoyed our meal though. I was happy and proud of myself. My husband was happy and satisfied, and the kids - they could care less.
Maybe inspiration will strike again and I'll have another scrumptious post for my blog! :)
*fingers crossed*
No comments:
Post a Comment