Friday, January 28, 2011

Project 365 Challenge!

You're probably wondering what this is about. It's basically a challenge to take one photo every day of the year. I am 28 days late, obviously, (I think you're supposed to start the challenge on January 1st, but I just learned of it today) but better late than never! My dear friend, Joy, told me of this challenge today and challenged me to do it.

Basically, it's taking a photo a day and writing about whatever the photo is about. It's so you can look back at your life for that year and remember the little details about it. Plus, it gets you using your camera more and gets you out thinking and challenging yourself to take better pictures in your every day life. You can read more about it here: http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

So...here I am. Blogging my Day 1 of my 365 which will run me into January 28 of 2012. Like I said - "Better late than never." :)

So, since I was challenged to do take this challenge along with everyone else who is doing it, I thought it fitting to dedicate Day 1 to my friend, Joy.

Day 1. Picture 1.

Photobucket

This is my friend Joy. Well, not really. But this is the one major important factor in our friendship. Every morning, like clock work, before 9:00 am usually, I can expect my phone to light up and sing to me and I can expect that the name on the screen is "Joy". :) She is calling me for our daily chat. We don't talk about anything in particular, although we find plenty to talk about. Like today, for instance. We talked for an hour and a half on the phone. I can't tell you everything we talked about (cuz that's violation of friend code lol), but we didn't have any trouble finding something to talk about. I can always count on Joy to make me smile and laugh. She has a great personality - trust me. She'll even tell you herself that she's awesome and is the funniest person she knows. (Haha) We make each other laugh and have weird senses of humor. Hers more weird than mine, of course. We've had this crazy relationship ever since she was born. That's how long we've been friends. We had our rough spot (don't ask her about it because she makes it sound 10 times worse than it really was lol), but we got over it and usually not a day goes by that we don't talk on the phone to eachother. It's even rare that we don't talk to eachother on facebook. lol

So my point is: I'm thankful to have Joy as my friend. She should feel honored because she's the only other person besides my mother in law that I talk to on the phone every day without fail. :) She's lucky to have a friend like me. And the feeling is mutual. :)

Love ya, Joy Joy.

No comments: