Thankfully Chris told me there was no school today because on Saturday, I did not know. I would have woken Cole up at 7:30 this morning, got him dressed and ready and stood out at the bus stop! lol
He didn't sleep in. I think the boys were up at their usual time, which is always before my alarm goes off. I gave them strict instructions the night before to not wake me up! Play quiet and leave me alone! haha
I got to sleep in an extra hour before my sister called and woke me up. :)
Oh well. I had tons of house work and laundry to do anyways.
While I cleaned house and got laundry done, this is what the boys did....

Can you guess?

Ok. Now do you know?
They made a big "dirt bike" track around the living room so they could watch the dirt bike race on tv while they raced their toy dirt bikes around. :) The house was filled with real engine noises coming from the tv, and their own made up noises as they played. :)

(He dressed himself for bed the night before. Isn't he lovely? lol)


They are so funny to listen to. They know all the riders names. They pretend their such and such rider. They act like they're the announcer too. They act like they're the crowd and cheer. It's so funny. It's like a huge production. So, as I'm cleaning and walking through the house with big loads of laundry, I have to watch my step so I don't ruin their "race track", otherwise I get a very loud, "MOM! You just ruined our race track", or "You just knocked over our jump", or when I try to sit down to relax for a few minutes I get, "Mom! Can you put your feet up! They're right in the middle of our track!" :) I love it though. They're using their imaginations and being boys.
That's what happens at our house on a day off. PJ wearing boys, dirt bike noises, and home made race tracks fill the house.
(We escaped outside for about 45 minutes after lunch so the boys could play in the snow and I could shovel the driveway.)
What happens on your day off?
1 comment:
Love it!!!
Post a Comment