Wednesday, February 2, 2011

365 Challenge. Day 6.

Photobucket

Blizzard 2011 is what they're calling it. It was supposed to start at 7:00 last night, but it didn't start until after midnight because I was up til midnight and there still was no snow coming down. Chris set his alarm for 5:00 this morning. He got up, looked out the window, climbed back in bed and said, "There is NO way I am going to get the car out of the garage! We got dumped on!" So, I climbed out of bed and took a peek. Yup. There was a snow drift in front of the garage about 2 feet tall. Our little car would NOT have made it over it! We enjoyed getting to sleep in. We had waffles for breakfast, then we all bundled up and headed out to clear the driveway.

Notice how high the snow is up to the snow blower? Chris had to use the shovel to help get the big snow drifts down so the snow blower could go through them. I pushed the snow blower while Chris used the shovel. The wind was blowing the snow back in my face when I would walk towards the house, so I got covered in snow.

The driveway is cleared now. We can get out of the garage, but I doubt we could make it down our street. Wonder if Chris is going to be able to make it to work tomorrow if we get 4-6 more inches of snow today like they're calling for. Another snow day at home with the whole family? I hope, I hope, I hope. :)

No comments: