Friday, February 4, 2011

school closing....???

If you know me, then one thing you know about me is that I'm not afraid to make fun of myself from time to time. I'll straight up tell you when I've done or said something stupid. Ever done that? Whatever it was that you did or said was so funny that you just had to share it? I don't care if people think I'm a ditz - I KNOW I am! :)

We were watching Minute to Win It last night after the boys went to bed. All of a sudden school closings started popping up on the bottom of the tv screen. I thought, "Hmm...I wonder why there are school closings. The roads weren't THAT bad!" So, as we kept watching our game show, I kept my eye out for Cole's school name to slide across the screen. They were showing other schools around us, but not his district. I got into the show and forgot about his school. Then I just happened to think about it just as a red box popped up on the screen. It said, "Just in! Carman Ainsworth Closed Tomorrow." I got excited and said, "Chris, look! Cole doesn't have school tomorrow!" Chris said, "That doesn't make any sense! The roads are fine! He's one lucky kid!" We finished our show and I didn't really think anything of it.

Later, after the show, I went to pack Chris's lunch and clean up the kitchen and Chris was on his laptop. I heard Chris shout to me, "Hey Hon?? What show were we watching when the school closing popped up?" I replied, "Minute to Win It. Why?" He said, "Wasn't that a dvr'd show?" I stopped. Thought. Then I burst out laughing. We were watching a dvr recording of a show that had aired the previous night! LOL Those were school closings for the day we just had! I'm so glad Chris thought of that because otherwise I wouldn't have sent Cole to school! :)

No comments: