
Tonight, I was seranaded. But not the kind of seranading you might think. It was better than that. It was my husband grabbing his guitar and mp3 player, plugging in his electric guitar and turning on his amp, and playing rock. I love it when he plays his guitar. He doesn't do it enough. He's been playing since way before I met him. He taught himself how to play. That was one of the things that attracted me to him. I loved that he loved music and that he could sing. Music is very special and important to me. I play piano and love to sing. Now our boys love music and they love to play it. We are a very musical family and I wouldn't change that for the world! When you love something, and your spouse shares the same interest as you, and then your children end up loving it along with you - you can't help but light up whenever you hear your kids singing or running to grab their guitars or drum sticks as soon as they hear their Dad playing his guitar. Cole has his own little guitar and is slowly learning. We have Danny's drums at our house right now and Chris plays those too. He's real good at those as well. Mason and Cole are picking up on the drums too. They have rythym. We're like The Family Band. Have you ever watched that movie? It's an oldie but a goodie. You'd only like it if you liked musicals. Anyways - one of my favorites. :)
I hope that music always remains a constant in our home. I hope my children still love music when they get older and I hope they really learn to play an instrument. Even if it is a chello or violin - I know. Steriotype, right? lol I just want them to keep music in their life.
That's all for today. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment