Friday, April 8, 2011

fly fishing and nature

Yesterday I decided to go fishing with the guys. I wanted to take my camera along to get some good shots of them and nature.

When we first showed up, we went looking for the missing piece to Chris's fly fishing pole he just got. He had lost it the previous week when they were there fishing. He said they searched and searched but couldn't find it. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack because where he dropped it was in a lot of thick brush. And the pole was dark green and thinner than a pencil! He didn't really think we would find it, but we had to try because without that piece, his new pole was worthless. We walked through and around mud and brush to the area that they thought he lost it at. I gave up and waited while Chris and Dad continued through the mud. All of a sudden I heard Chris yell, "I can't believe you found it!" Then he and Dad came out of the bushes with huge smiles on their faces. Dad saw the top metal hook of the pole sticking up out of the brush. Chris was so happy! As we were walking back, pole firmly grasped in his hand, he said, "I don't even care if I catch any fish tonight! This made my day!"

So, we headed back to the truck so they could get all their gear and go fishing. I went to the bathroom real quick and on my way back to the truck, Chris said "I forgot my waders." I thought he was kidding, but as I watched him, I could tell he was serious. Then he said, "Will you go back to the house and get them?" I really thought he was kidding then because we were about 40 minutes away from home! But when he said, "We'll give Dad the extra gas money" I knew he was serious. So, I climbed into the truck and took off for home. :)

I made it back with about an hour and a half of daylight left.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a nice little walkway right next to the river that was about a half mile long. I just stayed in the section where the guys were fishing, but I found lots of interesting things to look at.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I found a few of those up in tree branches. :) I even found a sock! lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The way those trees looked against the sky reminded me of fireworks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I didn't know what the little lines were in the bark, but they looked really neat. Chris told me later that they were from worms. Still neat. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That tree branch had grown directly attached to the tree trunk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I saw a few things that reminded me of letters and then I got an idea....
Photobucket

Photobucket
That was Dad's second catch of the night. I was gone when he caught his first one. Poor Chris didn't catch anything. Guess he shouldn't have said he didn't care if he caught any fish or not, heh? :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Cool nature pictures! But you crazy michiganders-standing out in the middle of a freezing river with stocking hats and gloves on-all to catch a fish you are not going to eat! : )