Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

It all started Friday night. I had my family over for a Mother's Day dinner for my Mom. Chris grilled chicken on the grill, Tisha and I made food inside, and we all feasted on way too much food! It was great! The kids played outside and inside, the guys did the dishes for us women. We sat in the living room staring at eachother because we didn't know what to do since there wasn't any food or dishes to take care of. lol We quickly found something to do though - Phase 10. My Mom won. I guess it was kind of fitting since we were celebrating her that night. We had strawberry yogurt parfaits for dessert and then gave Mom her presents. The guys watched the Red Wings. The kids played some more. We missed having Josh there (he was home not feeling well), but we enjoyed being together and celebrating our Mom.

Saturday morning we started out the day with tee ball! Jonah had a game before Mason's, so we went and cheered him on. Mason was so excited to finally play tee ball. He's playing in the 5-6 year olds division this year. We weren't sure at first if that was a good choice, since he was quite obviously the smallest one out there, but it ended up being a good choice. Cole, Mason, Lucas, and a couple of Cole's friends ran around and played in the soccer field next to where Jonah's tee ball game was. The boys came running back to us. Cole had a huge smile on his face. "Dad!" he yelled as he got closer. "I found a dollar out in the grass! I found 3 quarters, 2 dimew and a nickel!" "Wow!" Chris exclaimed. Then I said, "Mason, where's the money you had in your pocket?" He reached into his two pockets, looked up at us and said, "Uhhh....I think I dropped it." To which I replied, "Cole, give your brother his money please." lol The lady behind us was cracking up! We were all laughing pretty hard too. Cole didn't think it was funny, but thankfully Cole was the one who found the money instead of someone else. :)

After Jonah's game, it was Mason's turn!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(He tried to block his face from the camera, but I still got him!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

They were so cute. Jonah kept tackling Lucas onto the grass and Lucas kept laughing so hard! Good thing he's tough! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The red team was first to be in the outfield. Mason went and chose what he and Chris thought was 3rd base, until Chris realized that there 5 bases out there for some reason. He was on one of the extra bases. lol He just stood there and watched the other team run around the other bases and watched his team run and chase after the ball since the balls never made it out to him. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok. Enough of that outfield stuff! Give that kid a bat!!!!

Photobucket

Since he's in the older age group, they do coaches pitch for the first 3 tries. If they miss those, then they hit off the tee. We were kind of nervous about Mason being able to make contact with the coaches pitch, especially being the first game, but he hit the ball the first pitch!!!! Chris and I were beaming with pride! :) His second time up to bat, he hit the ball the first pitch as well. Each time the ball landed way out where the gravel and grass met. Oh yeah! That's our boy!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He came sliding into home! :)
We were so proud of him. He was proud of himself too.

After his game, we raced over to the middle school for Cole's baseball meeting. We were a few minutes late, but they were doing things differently this year. So, it ended up being a try out. Good thing we brought Cole's baseball stuff! They divided the kids into groups and all the coaches went out on the different baseball diamonds and worked with them on different things - throwing, catching, etc. They wrote down notes on each kid and then turned them into the athletic director so she could divide the kids into even teams so there would be a good mix of athletic ability on each team. We're still waiting to hear what team Cole is going to be on. We saw old coaches from last year and kids that were on Cole's team last year. Chris had 3 different people ask him why he wasn't coaching again. :) I think some of the previous coaches and parents were hoping to see him again. The one coach, who is coaching again this year, saw Chris watching Cole on the other side of the fence and yelled to him, "Aren't you on the wrong side of the fence? Hop over and get out here!" That made me proud of Chris. :) Maybe he'll coach again next year....

After we went home, we relaxed for a while and then Chris decided to grill out some brats for him and the boys. I was going to meet up with Joy at the mall for dinner and shopping. Chris asked the boys about having a picnic outside since it was so beautiful. They loved that idea! So, I handed them the blanket, plates, condiments, fruit, and all the other stuff they would need for their picnic and sent them outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I joined in the picnic and had a brat too. Chris made them look so good and he grilled them to perfection! I couldn't resist! :)

I spent the rest of the evening shopping the mall, TJ Maxx, Target, and Kohls with Joy. We had so much fun! We needed dresses for an upcoming wedding we were invited to and she has a Lia Sophia conference that needed dress clothes for. We were out til after 10 pm. Her mom kept calling and she kept asking if she needed to come home and get the girls - I kept begging her to stay and play with me. lol I was enjoying my time out too much. haha

I'm so glad I have family and friends close by and I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband who encourages me constantly to get out and have fun. He gets his fair share of getting out and enjoying his different hobbies and he tries very hard to make sure I get out without the boys and have fun with my friends. I love that he's such a good Dad, doesn't complain about keeping the kids for me so I can have a break, and that I have a friend who will hang out with me. :)

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love baseball season! Wish we lived closer so I could see the boys games...