Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicago - Day 2

We started out with a nice breakfast at The Corner Bakery, a cute café around the corner from our hotel.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the view from inside)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then we were off in search of our Go Chicago Cards. I had to take pictures along the way though.... :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped by the river for some quick pictures....

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...haha. Didn't even realize I was trying to cover up my backside, but it's probably better that way.)


Photobucket

Photobucket
(...another shot of our hotel)


Photobucket
(...While walking, we discovered there was a Puma store about 2-3 blocks from our hotel! lol Oh well!)


Photobucket


The visitor center on the corner from our hotel finally opened so we could buy our cards. Nope! They don’t sell them yet. They advertise them on their building, but they don’t sell them. GRRH! We were told to go to Millenium Park to get our cards. That was the closest location. We asked how to get there and after walking in the direction we were told, found out we were given wrong directions. We completely walked a huge circle in the opposite direction!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After finding a store in front of the park that said “Buy your tickets here!”, we discover that they don’t sell THOSE kind of tickets. We were told to visit the visitor center around the corner. They sold the Go Cards. So, we decided to walk there after taking some pictures at the big bean.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were headed out to find the visitor center when we heard loud music coming from the concert area of the park. We walked over to see what was going on. All we could see was a whole bunch of people.


Photobucket

Zumba class!!!! I had never seen that huge of an exercise class before. I thought it was pretty neat. I started snapping away and then, in the corner of my lens, I noticed someone running out onto the grass.........

Photobucket

Notice anyone who looks out of place? lol He's such a goof!

Photobucket

After taking time out for Chris to exercise, we made it to the visitor center only to find out they only have info on the Go Cards. They don’t sell them either!!! The guy told us we needed city passes and visitor passes instead of the Go Card. He told us to go to the Cultural Center to get info. So, we walked a few blocks to get info on which was better.

Photobucket
(....this little tiny dog was going crazy barking and growling at the bronze statue. It was so funny.)

After finding out that the Go Cards were the best deal, we headed to the location we were told sold the Go Cards. Since it was drizzling out and super foggy, we decided not to go to the John Hancock Observatory. We decided to go to the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium. Well, of course those were on the other side of town. Our feet were so tired from walking all over already that we caved and hailed a cab. That was fun. He was a crazy driver though! I kind of liked it. Haha.

Photobucket
(I didn't have too much room to stretch out my arms and get a decent picture of us. Especially since I had my 50mm lens on.)

***See next post for aquarium and museum pictures.

No comments: