Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicago - Day 3 - NAVY PIER

Sunday afternoon was spent at Navy Pier. The pier used to belong to the navy, hence the name, and now it's a children's museum, huge shopping center, and carnival.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
(...there was a huge line for the ferris wheel, so we hit the swings instead)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...we got to sit in a double swing together like that one. Two little girls were in it first, but they let us have it.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...our legs and my feet were FREEZING!!! I took my sandals off so I wouldn't lose them. Plus, it was about 60 degrees outside and swinging in the air, on a pier by the lake, isn't exactly warming, but it was fun! :)

Photobucket


Photobucket
(...obviously I didn't know he took that. Let's just say that my bladder didn't enjoy all the liquid I drank and needed to visit almost every ladies room we passed.)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the person holding the camera didn't understand how to focus it)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the fanciest mcdonald's I'd ever seen)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...and that's what I look like with long legs lol)

Photobucket
(...we shared a bag of cinnamon roasted almonds as we walked along the pier)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This was Chris's first time riding a ferris wheel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a great view of the city and the lake from the ferris wheel. They said that the ferris wheel was a replica of the original ferris wheel that was put up for a famous fair or something but the ferris wheel we rode on was only HALF the size of the original!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...and a kiss once we reached the very top of the ferris wheel was perfect!)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...proof that I am tall enough lol)


Photobucket
(...what a goof! he's cute though)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...trying to figure out what bus we needed to get back to our hotel)


Photobucket
(...our trusty map that went EVERYWHERE with us!)

After we went back to the hotel, we snacked, shopped a little, then headed to the Skydeck (Willis Tower) for our night view of the city.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: