Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicago - Day 4: Chinatown

You can't visit Chicago and not go to Chinatown!! Especially when you're asian! lol And especially when your husband teases you and calls you Chinese all the time. haha

Photobucket

What's funny was after we got there, I started noticing that it was ALL asians! I mean, I knew we were in Chinatown, but I expected to see lots of tourists or something. I don't know if I saw any at first. I thought to myself, "Wow! We really stand out!" Then I realized, "DUH! You're asian! You look like you belong here!" lol

Photobucket

Chris heard about this restaurant in Chinatown from the guys on his motorcycle forum who told him it was a MUST! So we decided we should give it a try.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After lunch, we walked around and shopped. My favorite thing to do!

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...what Chris and I are in the Chinese horiscope)

Photobucket
(...the most tea I've ever seen in my life!)

These stores were filled with the most beautiful dishes and tea sets! I was going nuts over all of them and wanted to buy several, but we didn't know how we'd get it home without being damaged, so I sadly walked away. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...we got a kick out of that sign! Every store had one in their front window. Every time I looked at that sign, I smiled because I read it just imagining how they'd say it with their Chinese accent! lol)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...some beautiful flowers I saw on the side of the road, but then Chris informed me he thought they were weeds. lol I don't know, but they're still pretty.)

Photobucket
(...waiting for the red line back into the city)

Photobucket
(...I thought the sun going down and how the buildings were lit up was really pretty)

Photobucket

We showered and got ready for our fancy dinner at Banderas.

Photobucket
(...ready to go out for a nice romantic dinner!)

I HIGHLY recommend Banderas for a fancy dinner! SUPER expensive, but good!

No comments: