Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chicago - Day 5 - Last Day

Tuesday was bitter sweet for me. I was happy to go home and see the boys, but I really didn't want to leave Chicago. I was thoroughly enjoying myself. I had said something along the lines of "I'm not ready to go home" to Chris and his reply was, "Don't you miss the boys?" Sadly, I didn't miss them as much as I felt I should have by his comment and reaction. I explained, "You don't understand. I'm with them 24/7. I don't get a break from them. You get to go to work for 8 hours a day. I don't get a break. So I am very much enjoying my time away from them." Does that make me a bad mom? Well, I don't think so. I think it makes me a mom who loves her kids, but just needs a well deserved break every now and then. (Stay at home moms everywhere will agree to what I said, I think. C'mon ladies - represent! lol)

Anyways, I suggested a picture of us in our hotel room since it was our last day and since I had no pictures of our room....

Photobucket


...then we enjoyed a nice leisurely breakfast at The Corner Bakery.

Photobucket


We kept talking about how we were going to miss it. We had gotten so spoiled that week with getting our fancy breakfasts made for us - Chris with his nice coffee that didn't taste like the bad coffee he gets at work - we were very spoiled. :) We took more pictures. Stuff we had already taken pictures of, but for some reason felt we needed to take one last time.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went back to the Tribune Tower because we knew there were probably more walls that we didn't see and get pictures of.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the Trump building)

Photobucket
(...we found out on our segway tour that the face of that clock was 20 feet across!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...a moon rock on display in a window at the Tribune Tower. It's on loan from NASA)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...where we had our fancy dinner the night before. I didn't want to haul my camera around with me since we were dressed up and I didn't want to look like a tourist snapping pictures while I was there, so I got a picture of the outside the next day. haha)

Photobucket
(...and we couldn't leave Chicago without stopping here! I spotted it out the first day we were there and told Chris we would have to stop there. So he saved it for the last day.)

Photobucket
(....showing off his ipod with his orvis fly fishing app on - dork! haha)

Photobucket
(...I'm normally pretty lenient about letting him get his little toys and what not, but I drew the line at a few hundred dollar piece of wood! lol)

Photobucket
(...Saw this little old building on our way to look for the Water Tower Place mall)

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were standing there at that intersection waiting for the light to turn so we could cross the street and I was snapping away at that building. We didn't know exactly where the mall was. We were following our map but it didn't really make sense. So, I asked a lady standing next to me at the light, "Do you know where the Water Tower Place is?" Her reply: "You mean that building right there?" And then she proceeded to point her finger to the big tall building that was across the street! lol I was snapping away at this lovely cream building and all the while the sign for the Water Tower Place was right behind it. Chris started laughing and said, "I bet you got the sign in your pictures and didn't even see it!" Sure enough, I did. Go back and look. lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...outside the Lego store)

Photobucket

And so ends our 5 day anniversary trip to Chicago.
We. had. a. BLAST!
I want to go back. I want Chris to get a job there so we can move there.
We were trying to use up every last minute we had there before we headed to the train station, and we just about didn't make the train. We had to get a cap to take us back to the station because we didn't think the bus would get us there in time. As we were rushing around and trying to hail a cab with all our luggage in tow, I said, "Why does it matter if we miss it? We'll just have to stay another day!" :) If it weren't for the fact that I thought mom and dad would go crazy if they had to keep our boys another day, I probably would have drug my feet a little bit more. hehe

Thank you, Chris, for a WONDERFUL trip! I will never forget it! I love you and thank you for ten wonderful years of marriage. I can't wait for number twenty!

No comments: